Thursday, October 21, 2010

Charlotte Motor Speedway

So part of the sweepstakes was the ride-a-long and also DRIVE an actual NASCAR. It's called the Richard Petty Experience. They call him "the King". 

After a catered lunch, we got our fireproof uniforms on. They were hard to get on! --and not very attractive ;)

Taking pics by THE car :)

Travis at the track...sooo excited.
Travis getting in the ride-a-long car--they go about 170mph and you are strapped in so tight you can hardly breathe! 

Travis after the ride-a-long. He was pretty much shaking from the rush...

Alright now it's my turn...I was so nervous I thought I was going to throw up!


 After my ride-a-long...I was shaking! And not feeling so hot. ;) The car pulls your body to the left and down and you are fighting to not go that way. My muscles were so tired!

Travis getting in to DRIVE!! You drive ALONE, just following a guy who turns on lights for you to speed up or slow down...they gave us about an hr long instruction before.

 Travis driving off...


Travis going about 138 mph!!

The guys are trying to talk me into driving. Mind you, NONE of the 8 wives that were there didn't drive!!
I finally decided to go. My guy was awesome--trying to remind me of all the instructions and keeping my nerves calm.

I couldn't help it, I screamed while driving away. You had to tally rev it before you release the clutch.
Driving away!


Here I am going 117mph! I was the slowest one :(



 Getting that dreadful heavy uniform off was heaven, I was totally sweating!


 Me and Travis by my car :) 

 It was a once in a lifetime experience. We met some super nice and funny people from all over the country. Such fun memories. I'll never forget it. I'm so glad I drove and I talked 3 other wives into to doing it too!

4 comments:

melanie said...

im sooooo impressed!!!.....and jealous. looks like fun!

Meagan said...

Wooohoooo!!! What an awesome experience! I'm so glad you were so brave and showed the other wives how a tough girl does it! Looks like Travis was in heaven too! FUN FUN!!

The Grush's said...

Wow. This really looks like fun and right up Travis's alley. Actually I can't imagine a man that wouldn't love this opportunity.

Tami said...

That is soooooo cool! What do you mean not attractive? Brit, you looked hot. I can not imagine driving one of those cars! I guess that I got the Jeep to go 100 when I was younger so I could have done it but that would have been wild! Benson was impressed that you guys went so fast! I am glad that when you were a passenger that you didn't throw up on your driver Brit! What an amazing experience!