Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Pet Monster

Yes Mika has earned the title "My Pet Monster" or "Mika the Monster". Very lovingly of course. She is hilarious, friendly and lovable, and the next minute she's bossing me around, throwing a major fit, or running away with out listening and obeying. Never a dull moment!!

This is at a play date with Halle. She calls her "my friend Halle. No, no, my best friend Halle." Both are full of spunk and flavor ;)


 My other friend Emily has a little baby Mia who Mika adores. I was wondering about this and how she'd react to babies. So far so good. :) 

She loves being a "princess". Dressing up or even just wearing a dress makes her go into this mode of twirling and singing. I personally love the head band the best. 

As mother's we pick our battles. I think it's our way of staying sane. Every day getting into the car was a nightmare. Especially if I was running a tad late.... ;) So we decided to try to booster seat with the back. She LOVES it and honestly so do I.

 It's hit or miss with Mika at dinner time. She could love it one night and the next week won't even touch it. Such a mystery....but this night she sure loved her spaghetti!

She plays hard, talks constantly, and sleeps like a rock. This of course was right before dinner time. It's the most stressful time of the day for me, so when it's quiet and I don't have another kitchen "helper"...I bury the guilt and let this monster sleep.........

I love my little monster. She is my true joy. I was having a hard time thinking of her 3rd birthday approaching in less than 2 months--and although Travis reminds me I'll have another baby soon, I can't seem to accept that she is growing up. I wanted her to stay small forever!! But I've enjoyed watching her grow and learn so much. I treasure her--and the sugar and all the spice too! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sugar is sweet, but spice is NICER! It is so true that our littles grow way too fast. Lucky for you, you get to have a brand brand new one again soon! Sometimes I think to myself, gosh, my kids are CrAzY and hard - but then it makes me so grateful that they have personalities and are creating many stories to share with their own kids one day! Love you girl!!

Unknown said...

ps - I also LOVE the headband with the purple dress up! So SASSY!!!