Saturday, September 08, 2007

OUch!

This might make you laugh; this might make you cringe; or this might just reaffirm my graceful and agile walk of life!

Picture this: It's dark, we are loading up the truck and I step off the curb, twist my ankle sideways and POP! I fall, thinking "Oh no, it's broken!" literally saying "ouch" over a million times I realize it's not broken, Phew! But that my other foot is bleeding. Ow, now that hurts! You know when your kids skin their knees pretty bad and they cry, but you want them to be tough so you just kiss them and tell them to go play... OW! (I think must hurt more when you get older. I'm sure of it!--or it may hurt more when you peel off all seven layers of skin?)
So the outcome of my gracefulness is this: A left sprained ankle with shooting pain and constant prickling (like your foot fell asleep) and a right big toe that pusses and throbs. Hmmmm. One would be fine, but both feet? Come on! I seriously walk like a great-great-great grandmother and take plenty of rests along the way.

I had to post these. It's a sad state. I have empathy for all who have ever hurt both feet at the same time. How is that really possible anyway????

1 comment:

The Young Family Inc. said...

Poor Momma. Lucky for you you have two little helpers...