Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Break

We were lucky enough to spend Spring Break at Gulf Shores this year! This is the house we stayed in, Lucky Dog. It was perfect. We had our friends the Butlers meet us there for some of the days too.
Jeff and Travis.
The kids: Mika, Halle, Ethan, Savannah and Kaylin
Me and Britt
We had so much fun, spending most days at the beach, but when the weather was chilly we made our own fun of it. The Butlers' niece passed away and the funeral was taking place only 2 hrs away. The day they left is was rainy and gloomy, so we took the kids to How to train your Dragon, 3D. It was such a good movie!! At night we played games or watched movies. I know, I always have to have a goofy picture, but I laugh so hard at this one because here I am giving Travis bunny ears and then look what's behind my head....
One night we let off fireworks. Travis and Jeff lit off a ton of bottle rockets. I think it was mostly for their amusement, the 3 older kids were playing their own game in the dark and Britt and I were holding our little ones as they were terrified of the fireworks.
Travis joined us on Thursday. It was so good to have him with us!
Kaylin is a total beach girl. No shoes, sun dresses, the sand and the waves are passions of hers.
Of course we had some quiet time too. Despite Ethan's protesting, he always fell asleep. :)
Kaylin having quiet time on the screened porch.
Yes, we attempted family pictures. We went out at 7 thinking there would be plenty of light, but it was gone in a matter of minutes! I forgot to post the individual kids on here, so I'll put them on the sidebar. I'm just loving Mika's cheese now a days. Nothing holding back. She sure loves her dadeeee!
Ethan actually took this one while we were waiting for our friends to join us. I think it turned out pretty good!!
The best attempt. Once the sun went down it got pretty chilly with the wind. But they were good sports.

Me and the girlies. This was our color shirts for Easter Sunday.
My kids. Boy, even though they are my crazies, I love them so much. We had such wonderful memories made on this trip!
Daddy and the kiddos. I love this pic.
Kaylin found a ton of muscles or clams. She'd squeal when their tongues came out, but she loved digging for them. The first day we were there we didn't know they were everywhere and she gave me a pretty looking "shell" and I brought it in, set it on my nightstand for the week. Last day we were there, Travis says, "I'm surprised that clam doesn't stink" Wha...? I had a dying clam next to my bed all week?! Gross!

Off to the right are two dolphin fins. I actually think they were porpoises. They were dark with white bellies and small.
Ethan loved jumping in the waves! I was surprised at this, and even though timid the first couple days, he got just as brave as Kaylin.
Playing Frisbee with Dad.

6 comments:

melanie said...

SOOOOOOO jealous you were at the beach. ugh........!!! looks like fun!

DeAnn said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I love the beach!!

Anonymous said...

There's nothing better than the beach! Your kids all look adorable!

Angie said...

what a fun spring break!!! y'all look great! love the goofy pic of you and travis. i couldn't see the thingy behind your head on fb. hilarious! :)

Meagan said...

Fun pictures! I'm so jealous! I'm so ready for the beach!! I love the family pictures! You all look so great! I love the bunny ears picture!!!! That's so classic! You are perfectly lined up and everything. ROFL!!

Tami said...

Oh my goodness.. that looks like so much fun!! It looks like ALL of you had the greatest time! I love all of the family pictures that you took - the pics of you and Travis, and the small group pics are too cute! I love the pic where you were doing bunny ears, until I read your caption I though that you had a funky hairdo. Fun trip!

Who is your chinese friend who just commented? That is a little weird. You should look for an online translator and figure out what they wrote.