Monday, May 24, 2010

The Lake

The last two Saturdays after we get everything done we need to (or want to) we have been taking the boat out on Lake Peachtree. I know my family will be wondering if I get in--No, I work on my tan. ;) And I do love riding int he boat and watching Travis wakeboard, so-- everyone is happy!

We like to go with our friends the Anthony's who have kids all our kids' ages. We dock the boat on a sandy part of the lake and they swim like crazy. Even Ethan gets in and dunks! Mika is pretty timid of the wide open space, but last Sat Travis got her in.
The kids love jumping off the back of the boat.
Travis and Kaylin tubing, yep it's my camera phone again, so it's not a great pic, but I keep forgetting the other one. I didn't get any pictures of Justin on the wakeskate (although I'm REALLY kicking myself on that one!) or of Travis on the wakeboard, but they did awesome and I'll take pics next time!
Ethan loves the boat. He's been daddy's helper getting it ready for the summer. I've been proud of him for how brave he is. I think it helps that all the other kids are getting in. I've got him enrolled in swim classes in June.
We are getting very excited for Memorial Day at Lake Wedowee. I think it may be another heaven for the kiddos. Travis coaxes me there by saying I can read anytime I want! :) So I've got my great new books from Mother's Day and the huge comfy chair waiting by the door.....

2 comments:

Tami said...

That looks like so much fun! Have fun at the lake this weekend!

Meagan said...

YAY! How fun! I'm so proud of your little water babies and am glad the younger kids are warming up to the water. What a fun activity for your family to do together! Have fun this weekend!!!