Monday, March 17, 2008

Tornado in Atlanta

So after our Easter Hunt at the church we came home to a huge storm. We found out that a tornado had blown through downtown Atlanta. Luckily all we got was wind, rain and hail. The pic below is after the storm (I had trouble getting these in order!) the kids (and Travis) wanted to play in the rain... Kaylin girlie, playing after the storm cleared
I love this pic. The storm clouds are so dark, but then the sun is peeking through...gorgeous.
Travis showing the kids the hail.
Yep, those tiny white spots on the grass are hail! :)
Here are some close up. We all thought they were pretty big! Kaylin ate them like candy!
The view from our backyard during the hail storm...
Ethan falling...mom's there to save the day! (hey someone has to when Nate's not around!) I'm just glad he didn't take me with him! My balance is decreasing!
Ethan waiting for the rain so he can "eat it"




8 comments:

DeAnn said...

We're missing all the excitement--snow, tornado, ward reorganization, etc.....

Angie said...

Wow! I can't believe you had hail! That's pretty good size too! We just had rain and wind...nothing crazy. Cute pics!!

Britt Butler said...

I love that picture you took of the sky, beautiful! What a crazy day that was.

The Grantham Family said...

What a storm! ps....LOVE your belly. You are actually growing!

The Young Family Inc. said...

So cute!
B- you are tiny!!! I look like I could have swallowed you and your baby!!
Love you!

Brooke Bennett said...

Wow. I was wondering if the storm and tornado affected you. Glad to know that the worst you got was hail. Cute pictures!

melanie said...

your belly is looking so cute!!!

Tami said...

It almost looked like Ethan wanted to fall into that wet gutter. I was surprised that he wasn't jumping in. That hail was amazing!