Monday, July 06, 2009

The Show!

As I said in my parade post, I lost all my pictures from the evening festivities. I'm so bummed. We go to the neighbor's house whose lawn goes right up to the lake the do the firework show right over. We bring camping chairs and blankets. This year while Travis was unloading the golf cart with our stuff in one hand and Mika in the other, he stepped in a hole and heard his ankle crack 3 times. He started walking on it right away and then iced it. But it got huge! He's been elevating it and that seems to be helping, also wrapping it. But of course he's back at work today with his ankle looking like this.

Mika Moo got into the chips--Fritos. It's all over her cute little face. I don't think she's hungry half of the time, she just wants to eat what you are eating. I was worried about her reaction since the fireworks are so close. But we laid down right next to Kaylin and she just laid on me squinting and holding one fist up to her ear.

Thak to Kenda I have some pictures of the amazing show. These pictures of course don't do it justice. It really was amazing and beautiful. The kids also enjoyed Sparklers. Kaylin concentrated hard on writing her name, while Ethan walked around staring at the Sparkler and not anything else. :)

Happy 4th everyone!!! Whooo hooo!

3 comments:

ShaRron said...

Owey on the ankle. We were there many years ago for the PTC fireworks. Our kids were still young enough to enjoy running around catching fireflies until the fire works began. What great times. Almost worth coming down just for July 4th.

The Grantham Family said...

Seriously. Can Travis go anywhere without an injury!!?? Talk about a bruise...YOUCH!

Happy Birthday Kaylin. Still remember when this little tot was born. LOVE her birthday dress. Can this girl get any cuter...NOPE I don't think so!!

Britt Butler said...

The picture of Mika with the fritos on her face looks like Kaylin at that age I swear! How cute! She'll obviously be a beauty!