Monday, November 30, 2009

Fun in DC!

So me and the kids drove up with my mother-in-law Vicki to Virginia to see my sister Meagan an her husband, and Vicki was going up to spend time with Travis' sister Breezy. My brother and his family drove over from CT to visit his wife Sarena's brother and sister as well. So we met up and drove to DC for the day. We had so much fun!!! We were all so tired from traveling, but you can't pass up a day in that city.
My brother Adam and I at the Washington Monument. Me and Mika just outside the White House. Isn't that tree gorgeous????

Walking back to the cars from the White House....


Mika loved my brother Adam. Here she is snuggling up to him in the Museum of American History.


My oldest nephew, Trevor had a Scout Merit Badge for collecting coins, so we went on a tour of the Mint. It was awesome and totally smelled of new money...
Trivia of the Day: Does money grow on trees??
Answer: No!! It's made from Linen and Cotton! (no wonder it wrinkles!)
Here are all the cousins wrestling in the waiting hall to go on the tour...

Trevor giving Ethan a shoulder ride...

Outside the Museum of Natural History--the big ol' group. Here Todd and Heather were with us!


Actually taking a potty break--these girls were tired and sat down. Mika plopped right in between them and then were joined by Jared. So cute.

I could post 100 more, but those were the highlights! Thanks Sharps for such a great day!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Oh my goodness.. those pictures are so cute! I love the one of Trev holding Ethan! Sounds like quite an adventure.

Angie said...

looks like an awesome day! so jealous! i've always wanted to go to the mint too. how cool. aren't cousins great?!