Sunday, August 01, 2010

Campin Out

We took our friends, the Butlers to Wedowee one last time before school starts up again. It was so much fun! But SO HOT!!!! We were sweating most of the time, and that's like dripping sweat. The water was bath water, on the verge of a hot tub....so we'd usually go find a cove with clear green water and take a swim...

Mika is a fish in the making. She loves wearing her jacket, but finds walking around with no jacket, up to her neck is way more fun. :)
Kaylin loves the water, that's no surprise. I can't remember a time she was out of it, besides sleeping and eating. Such a gorgeous thing....
Every morning there would be tiny fish all along the shore. (ew!) So Jeff and Travis decided to get them with a net and put them in a tupperware. (one less fish to nibble at me!)
Jeff's trying to lure them with leftover eggs...I don't have a pic of it, but Kaylin would sit in it and watch the fish nibble at her. Ethan would ask, "Kaylin WHAT are you doing?!?" She'd reply, "Shhh! I'm having the fish nibble on my legs!" Oh boy.....
Ethan is getting so good with out his jacket. The water looks gross, but it's just mud all turned up.
There was a rope swing and for some reason Britt and I decided to go too. It actually was a lot of fun....
After the tube ride with my girlies, we went for a little swim. Travis and Ethan joined us too!
Savannah, Brittany, Kaylin, Me and Mika swimmin.....
On the tube ride with Mika and Kaylin. I asked Kaylin why she always put her head down and she said it's because it hurts her neck to look up the whole time. We may have to invest in one of the sitting tubes!
At the beginning of summer Travis bribed me to come to the lake saying I didn't have to do anything but read....Nice huh? Well I still feed everybody, tend to kid owies, and dips in the warm water, but I don't feel guilty at all curling up in the mushroom chair, reading a nice book in the shade. Thanks babe!

2 comments:

Meagan said...

See? Fish are your friends! I'm assuming all of Kaylins toes and leg pieces are still intact! So, no need to fear. ;) Looks like you all had a blast! So fun!!

Tami said...

I love Lake Wedowee! We will always cherish our fond memory of going there with you guys. Maybe we will get to go again oneday!..