Monday, September 13, 2010

Labor Day

We had a blast Labor Day weekend. We had Uncle Duane and Paul's families with us on the Island too! The kids loved having cousins there to play with and Travis had a great time finding a slider to go off of and even jumping a barrel. Never a dull moment with the Clarkes :)

But one of the highlights was that Kaylin wakeboarded with her dad. She did so well. The only reason why she fell was because Travis tried to jump the wake with her. It was so cute to watch!
I can't believe it, little Mika went to. She was nervous, but never cried till the end when Travis let go and she saw the water rushing up towards her. He held her up though and her hair never even got wet.
The water went down so there was thick clay everywhere. Some of the little cousins tried to make pottery by cooking it in the fire. Most exploded--mini science experiment right there. Anyway, the mud made the water sooo dirty as well as all the little kiddos. :)
This is my fav pic of Travis on the wakeboard. He's getting so good.
Duane's family have paddleboards, T and I taking a break and sitting on one.
We went over to a sandy area that had a creek running into the lake. So Devon is standing now, but his next step he'll be up to his neck in the water. Travis and Dev thought it would be perfect to pull Ethan on the wakeskate across the creek. He did so good!! We are hoping he'll go behind the boat next year.
He played with the wakeskate most of the time. It was so cute.
Balancing on the paddleboards. I know, we are in the exact same position! My sis joked with me about it--I told her we are doing some Maori dance. ;)
Trying to get the whole fam on was no small task!
After we all fell in...

5 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

Labor day weekend was fun! I'm glad we got to see you even if was just for a sec. That clay is fun to play in but impossible to get out everything we own is now orange:) I can't believe Ethan and kaylin are already wakeboarding! next year send them over to our lot and we'll all go knee boarding!

Meagan said...

Fun Fun Fun!!! I love that all three of your kids are getting out of their comfort zone and getting in the water with some sort of board. Looks like you all had a blast!

Angie said...

What great pictures! I love the one of you and travis on the paddleboard. still makes me giggle. and way to go Kaylin! such a tough girl. good for her!

Tami said...

I can't believe that Kaylin and Mika went wakeboarding! That is so cool. I love it that Travis pulled Ethan on the wakeskate too. So cute! I am so impressed with how much you were in the water! What a fun family you guys are.. I miss you already!

Grandma Sharp said...

Sadly ALL of the Clarke family, including Mika, are now better at behind the boat water sports than their grandma Wendy. Good thing I am old enough now to claim age as the reason that I am not as brave as all of you. WOW, I still can't believe some of the great new skills you were able to capture. All the Clarkes are "rock stars"!