Monday, August 08, 2011

1st day of School!!

About the catch the bus on their 1st day of School!! I really can't believe. I have to admit, I'm enjoying a quiet house, but at the same time, I miss my little helpers...my heart drops when I think about Kaylin in 3rd grade...Where did the time go?!?
 Ethan the 1st grader! He has Kaylin's 1st grade teacher and he's so excited about it! His best buddy Logan is also in his class. He's one happy little boy this morning!!

 Kaylin the 3rd grader. GULP! I can't believe it!! I feel like I was just in 3rd grade! She is such a beauty and I'm so proud of her, she has a great teacher and she's so excited for the new school year.

I got this idea from a friend. Although she goes all out with a meal and treats etc, I just chose a scripture for the kids to think about during the school year. One that they could memorize and we could use through out the year for family home evening lessons. We introduced it last night before Father's blessings and they did well reciting it. This morning I had they both say "Remember Jesus in everything you do!" 

4 comments:

T said...

Happy First Day Clarkeys!! I LOVE your theme, and the kids look so adorable.

Tami said...

Great idea with the scripture. My kids freaked out when I told them that your kids started school today!

CASEY & NICOLE said...

Your kiddies are so DARLING!! Love them! You are the best Mom, and they are so lucky to have you! What a great idea with the scripture!!

Janine Padilla said...

Oh my gosh... Your little kiddos are so adorable I can't even stand it. I bet they just have the best little personalities... you can see it in their cute little faces! Ashlynn is beautiful! Hope you're getting some rest now that your kiddos are in school! Mine just started this past week too. Maddy in 2nd and Hallie in Kinder. It is so wierd to have 2 in school and to have Maddy in 2nd... Where did the time go?
Love your family picture. You look beautiful and you have an adorable family!