Monday, August 15, 2011

Big kids

Is there a "stop growing" button. Man, these kids are getting so big and it's really surreal. I took a moment today to just sit and talk to each of them, and I couldn't help but smile at everything they said and at their adorable growing faces. 
This boy I adore. Always had a soft spot for him and I need to hug him more.

My little beauty. I'm so proud of her. I love listening to her talk, her little mind is constantly going, thinking, wondering, questioning. Big questions too. I love that she trusts and values everything I say. I love that she is excited by life and all there is in it. I love that she loves science and experiments, drawing and pretend play--all these I loved too.

Such little buddies. They fight, they wrestle, they push each other's buttons, but boy do they love each other. They protect, care and encourage each other. I love it. I love how Ethan is "hugging" Kaylin.

3 comments:

Angie said...

so sweet. you can tell how much he loves her in that last picture. they ARE great kids!!!

Meagan said...

I sure love these cute kiddos! They are growing up way too fast!!!

Grandma Sharp said...

It is nice to, every once in awhile, just sit back and enjoy your kids and where they are at this very moment in time! They are wonderful, sweet kids, and they really do adore each other! Glad you caught them in one of those reflective moments as well.
Really can't believe that they are back in school already and thriving in the third and first grade! YIKES!!