Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Didn't know...

I didn't know I'd cry today...
Well my "big girl" is going off to preschool this year. And boy is she ready!! This was meet the teacher night. She found her apple :) We asked her if they wanted her to call her Aidrian Mika or just Mika and she said, "I AM Mita!" So okay...they call her Mika. 

She is going to a local High School's Child Development Class. So basically she is one on one with a high school student 3 days a week for a few hours. I thought this was great for her, exposure to other kids and she loves attention from older people (like her aunties and babysitters) Below is the door I drop her off and they have a great playground too.
 This morning, all smiles! We've been counting down, but a 3 yr old has no concept of time, so when she asked me this morning, "Mom is school yet?" I said Yes! And she ran to get her new school shoes and her glitter back pack. It was so cute.
 I pulled up to the curb and got her out, she immediately said, "Bye Mom!" and when I said I would walk her to the door she said, "I'm FINE mom!" I choked up walking her in and then called Travis on my way home bawling that my little shadow was at school. (I still cry about it.)
So proud of our little Mika. She said the boys were nice, she played pirates on the playground with a wheel and a little lookey through thing ;), ate apples for snack, sat on the carpet for circle time and talked about the sun and clouds and rain.:) Too cute.

8 comments:

Angie said...

Adorable. I bet she's gonna have a blast! Such a spunky little thing. That high school student is one lucky kid!!!Hope you enjoyed your quiet time. And of course she's going to want to be called Mika...that's what you've called her her whole life!

Grandma Sharp said...

I hope that she really enjoys the world of learning. I would be surprised if she doesn't... just hope she has some students that find her independence delightful instead of naughty! :)

Jene and Megan said...

Oh that's so sweet and sad at the same time!

Joyce said...

So cute:) She will love it there! And the girls there are great too!!!

melanie said...

she is so stinkin cute!!!

Emily Henrich said...

awwww how sweet. Love that little girl.

CASEY & NICOLE said...

Awe makes me cry reading it!! I think about Casch soon doing the same thing!! Love our little "shadows"!! They are true loves!!

Meagan said...

Wow! She looks so grown up! What a fun, spunky little one!