Friday, March 02, 2012

Ethan's 7th Birthday

 Ethan's birthday was on Thusday this year so we kept everything nice and simple. Travis and I met him at school for lunch and brought his class doughnuts.


His best bud Logan rode home on the bus with him...

They watched a 3D movie...

I tackled making the cake...he was happy with it. :) I just did 2 layers and frosted the heck out of it, making a chocolate teddy grahams smashed jump for a grave digger Lego truck. Don't have a strait-on pic, but you get the idea. Big number 7!!!

 Ashlynn enjoyed the cake too!

 Presents!! Some aunties and uncles came to join the fun. (Thanks G, Yo, Brando and Stace and Dev n' Heidi!) We got him his own remote so he doesn't have to wait for dad. He LOVES it....

And I got him a big husky that matches his little one.

The next day Angie, Lily and Henry came to visit. Lily got to meet Ethan and Kaylin for lunch at their Elementary School. Lily even got to stay and watch a Dr Seuss movie in bubby's class. Later we went on a golf cart ride and to the park.
The Hayes' got Ethan an exhaust for his bike. He LOVES it. He rode his bike while we went on the golf cart. 

Thanks everyone for helping making Ethan's day special!!! Happy Birthday bubs! I was very sentimental for some reason this year. We yelled and cheered at 3:25 when he came into the world 7 years ago, premature and sick. What an emotional trial for us, and now when I look at him, overwhelmed with gratitude for my healthy, strong boy, I can't ignore that spot in my heart where he nuzzled his cute little self into.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Happy birthday to our favorite bubby!!! So glad we could help celebrate a little with him!

Angie said...

Happy birthday to our favorite bubby!!! So glad we could help celebrate a little with him!

Tami said...

Wow, sounds like a really fun birthday! Your sweet comments about his birth made me all teary. Ethan is so great and you are blessed! I love that bike exhaust. What a fun gift!

Grandma Sharp said...

Hey- I was there too!! It was a fun day with the birthday boy and Georgia gang! He is indeed ALL BOY!
I do find it amazing that some of our hardest moments, that we wonder how we made it through them, end up being powerful reminders of our capacity to endure very difficult challenges and even look back on them as powerful gifts from God. That little tiny squirt certainly is fearless and determined to live life with gusto. Love you Ethan!