Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Card

I know some of you might think I'm lame for putting my card up here, but I just didn't have enough to mail to everyone! So I'm bloggin' it! It’s always fun to send out a Christmas picture and letter every year, to let you all know how much we love you and wish you a wonderful holiday season. It’s holidays that bring cherished memories to mind, the unbelievable feeling of gratitude for our Savior, Christ the Lord, and the sweet blessings of family and friends whom we cherish and love. –And a quick update is always needed!

Quote: A daughter is a treasure - and a cause of sleeplessness.
Aidrian Mika is the newest member of this crazy household. She is our treasure! She will be 7 months this December and it’s unnerving how quickly time has gone watching her grow. She sits up very well and loves to see the world around her. She has diamond blue eyes that sparkle and are so expressive with her thought process. She especially loves watching her siblings play around her, sometimes at a distance and sometimes smack in the middle. She beams whenever she sees daddy and loves to cuddle and be held by mommy. She is a sweet, calm, even tempered baby, but she knows what she wants and will complain in several different ways to get it. We can’t imagine our home without her!
Quote: A boy is noise with dirt on it.
Ethan Chase--our rough and tumble blonde haired boy always has me at the edge of my seat. He is very independent and I find him many times with his nose in the fridge getting some yogurt or apple juice. (I’m sure that will continue in his teenage years as well!) I have my most amusing conversations with him as he is constantly wondering about every single thing around him. He is very funny, happy, tender and cuddly. He loves his trucks, cars and motorcycles and has found a new love of puzzles. He goes to a playschool twice a week and after the initial shy sweet little guy, he becomes the “show off” or class clown. Lucky for me, he listens very well to his teachers and is VERY excited to move up to Primary in the Sunbeam class at church.
Quote: What the daughter does, the mother did. ~Jewish Proverb
Sweet Kaylin Marie is a Kindergartner at Welch Elementary and I’m still blinking my eyes to see if it’s a dream. It might be the similarities between Aidrian and her that bring me back to her baby years, but she has grown in leaps and bounds. She is learning how to read and doing quite well. She wants to write her own stories (sound familiar?) and loves doing anything creative and is very imaginative. She is our social butterfly in more ways than one; in that she makes friends easily with anyone and also adjusts and adapts well to anything the winds blows her to. She is very empathetic and caring and such a joy to have in our lives.
Travis is a guy who never quits, despite the nagging of his wife and children! He is always helping someone, working very hard and playing till he can’t play anymore…there doesn’t seem to be much time for himself. He is enjoying his work at Earl’s Quality Car Care, managing the shop and providing customer service. He’s learning so much and enjoying the field. His true pride and joy is being with his 3 kids, whether it be wrestling or cuddling, he is a very loved daddy. My personal favorite is hearing him talk to Kaylin and Ethan. Whether it be a “learning” lesson or what they did that day, he has a peaceful feeling about him that is admirable, listening to these conversations are priceless.
Brittany loves staying home with the kids and finds it’s quite underpaid. I’m constantly busy, but cherish those quiet moments (like these!) where I can get things done that I actually want to do and also take time to reflect, write journal entries, work on my blog and catch up with emails. I absolutely love being with my family and friends and find it very therapeutic. I’m currently a Beehive Advisor at church and loving it. It’s so easy to love those girls. I still enjoy photography (if you haven’t noticed) and am learning more and more with each session. I am constantly amazed by my growing children and adore my husband and all he does to make my life beautiful.
All in all the Clarkes are well, happy, having fun and loving each other! We hope this finds you well also! Merry Christmas and a Happy New year! (We are currently looking for a house to buy in the nearby area, so check with us next year, we’ll have a new address!)

2 comments:

A Forever Family said...

Merry Christmas Clarke Family. I know how you feel with not being able to mail off your Christmas letter to everyone.... I think Christmas came up too fast for everyone this year. I love your Quotes in your letter and being able to tie them to your kids, talented woman. =)

The Young Family Inc. said...

We were so happy to get one! How lame that I didn't do one this year!?!? I love the boy quote especially! SO TRUE! Love you Clarke fam!