Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy 7th

So Travis and I celebrated our 7th anniversary this weekend. Nothing special, just time alone (well and Mika too--nursing baby) and some Christmas shopping. But we had a great time. It was nice to reflect on the years and just be together. I'm liking the idea of spending eternity with him! ;) We played trivia, remembering every anniversary...didn't do so hot. He was never good at remembering what I thoguht were important details and having kids has fried my brain--specifically the area of "remembering"...But we do have some great memories that we laughed and smiled about! We had some great food and lots of snuggles.

Here are some pictures taking us down memory lane of when we met and fell in love....

This pic was taken while we were dating in 2001. This was taken the day before we got married, Dec 14, 2001





My favorite engagement picture. I've always loved Travis' laugh.


Our wedding day, December 15, 2001. We got sealed by my dad in the Atlanta Temple and this was taken at the Hollingsworth House in Fayetteville. My whole family came, with their kids and all. It was definately a day to remember!!! This was during our dance....

Why I love Travis: selfless, kind, happy, relaxed, spontaneous, helpful, attractive, giving, dedicated, loving, warm hearted, funny, caring, great laugh, responsible, fun, hard working, playful, respectful, understanding, sympathetic, strong.

He would do anything for me without even hesitating. If there was a choice between getting something for me or him, he would always get it for me. He is so genuinely loving and selfless. He may seem quiet and closed, but with me he is funny and clever. He isn't much of a talker, never has been, but it makes for a great listener. He is so fun--we have some of the funnest memories dating. He is up for anything and always cares if I'm happy and concerned with my well being. He will let me sleep in even if he's just as tired. I could go on and on and on, but I think you get the idea....I love him so much!!!

Why Travis loves Brittany: I don't know, I just do. The list of Brittany's qualitys far exceed that of mine. She loves me with a pure complete love, nothing held back. When we were dating it took her a while to give me all of her love, but I was persistant and finally got her to unlock that last door to her heart and what a wonderful warm opening it was. This last month as we have been approaching our 7 year anniversary I have been reflecting on our marriage and what is different this year than years past. There isn't anything specific that is different, but I do know that I am happier now than I ever have been (and I have been very happy these previous seven years). I feel closer to my wife than ever and love her more than ever. It is easy to see a lot of the reasons why I love her so: she is beautiful, smart, artistic, talented with the camera and on her blog. Those are things that make me very proud of her, but the things that make me fall in love with her over and over are: the way she loves her family and loved ones, the way she mothers our children, the way she makes those around her happy, the way she treats her own and my parents and siblings, her love for her Savior and the Gospel, her thirst for gospel knowledge as she studies the scriptures, our quiet conversations that we share alone together, her love for life, her complete support in all I do, the way she can forgive and not hold a grudge, and she is the best friend anyone can have, especially me! I love Brittany more than I ever thought possible and know that it will only grow stronger. I vow to (as the scriptures say) cleave unto her for I cannot afford to lose her. She is my soul mate, the one who makes me live, my Eternal Companion.
Brittany may not mention this in her portion so I will have to add it for her. She also loves all my moles and the way I smack my lips when I sleep. She will never admit it but I think its just because she is embarrased.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Cute!!! How fun that you got Travis to post. That was so sweet. I loved what both of you wrote about each other. You guys are so cute and are so perfect together! Happy anniversary!!

Angie said...

that's an awesome post, guys! it was fun to read travis' part because i don't get to hear that side very often. i'm so happy that you two are so happy. love you guys!!!