Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Labor Day Weekend- the campsite

Favorite place in the world for these Clarke crazies....We went to Lake Wedowee for Labor Day Weekend. We were lucky, it was cool, just a few sprinkles Sat night, the 2 older kids slept int he blue and yellow tent while the parents and baby slept in the other. Paka and Grandma went first to get the best spot on the island. Mika really warmed up to Paka. At one point she was reaching for me and I was bummed...then I realized I was holding the bag of marshmallows and she wanted one! After I gave it to her, she snuggled herself back down in Paka's lap.

The 2 little campers who love the lake! Kaylin was in the water most of the time, she loves it. Ethan loved digging on the shore and helping with the fire.

My favorite part was relaxing in Paka's huge comfy chair reading a book. Do I sound old??? It was great...

2 cute little sisters. Kaylin is so sweet to little Mika. They are warming up by the fire after a fun swim.


Mika was so content there. She'd dig on the shore, wade out to daddy, cuddle with mom, swing on the hammock with Grandma, and ride on the boat.




5 comments:

Britt Butler said...

I LOVE that last pic of Mika! Sounds like so much fun and so relaxing...looking forward to joining you next time(: hehe!

Britt Butler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tami said...

What great pictures! I love the one of your two girls. So sweet.. sibling love. I can't believe that your two older kids slept in a tent together along. Cool! Looks like fun!

Tami said...

I LOVE your new blog design by the way. And your hair looks like a super model in the pic where you are hugging Mika. Hot mama!

Meagan said...

Oh my goodness! The last picture looks exactly like a picture of you when you were little. How cute! What a fun trip! I'm so glad you guys have such fun family vacations!