Monday, October 05, 2009

St. George Island Get-Away!

My sister Meagan and her hubby Chris were coming to GA! So mom had a fabulous idea of going down to the beach for the weekend! The Hayes' came down too. This is one of the views from the house. The weather was perfect, the house was perfect, we had such a great time. Me and baby Henry...Angie's new babe. He is soooooo handsome!
Movie night! Monsters VS Aliens. You decide which is which on the couch.... hee hee

For quiet time Kaylin was allowed to read by the pool with Grandma. But when quiet time was over, that fish was back in the water! Grandpa would go in with her (even though it was freeezing!) Here they are having a big splash war. Gpa would go to town and drench her, she'd hold her hand up and yell Stop! And then coax him closer to her so she could splash him back, usually ending up hitting him on the head with her mini boogie board. It was so fun to watch.


Mika was our human ostrich. She loved putting her head in the sand!


This is her huffy puffy face. I love it. Check out those eyelashes!


Ethan and Lily had such a fun time together. Even when I thought Bubs was a bit too rough for Lily, she was laughing hysterically. She calls him "Bubby" and therefore I am Bubby's Mommy, Aidrian is Bubby's baby and Travis is Bubby's Daddy. (She doesn't know what to call Kaylin yet) Needless to say, we heard those names MOST of the trip! It was so cute!--Oh this pic is Angie pulling these two on a boogie board after Ethan took Lily around for a while, she fell constantly and was non-stop giggling.



We found all sorts of sea life; little fish along the shore (like this poor dead one with no eyes Ethan pointed out) a school of fish Chris and Travis swam out to, lots of sand crabs in all different sizes, a big stingray and baby one--both at different times, groups of porpoises and even bottlenose dolphins! Sadly Ethan would not venture out with Daddy to see all these creatures after he saw crabs come OUT of the ocean and then seeing the big stingray swim by, but yet he wanted to hold a dead fish....hmmmm.

Travis built a big trench for our amazing castles and Ethan and Lily decided to sit in it. Travis and Andrew came by dumping water on them and they giggled and squealed with delight. They loved it.

Kaylin was out in the water most of the time. She was quite bored when no one would go out with her. But she was always in some imaginary play.


Here is a picture of Travis near a bottlenose dolphin. He said they were still 20 feet away, but they looked super close to us back at the shore! There were about 3 of them playing and smashing their tails on the water.

Chris was Kaylin's little swim buddy. He sure got an earfull which he did not disclose. :)

I mostly sat and watched all this going on, enjoying taking pictures, but Chris and Travis took a few of me so I could prove I was there! I do have a couple of me IN the water, but they didn't make the cut.

I wasn't planning on taking pics, but how often to you get to go to the beach with perfect weather?? My mom wanted an update of a family picture anyway, her last one was when Mika was tiny. So we don't match--well kinda if you call jeans, blue, hot pink, white and gray matching....
Me and My Love. Isn't he a hunk? ;)


I don't know which family picture I like best....The kids are cuter in this pic, but I'm not a fan of me...my hair, yuck.
So make your vote: PICTURE 1?


or PICTURE 2? I love it in Sepia!! (then you can't tell we aren't matching! ha ha!) And I love this background and my hair! :) I can crop it closer too....hmmmm.

Taking a pic with Meagan and Chris... (meagan is 6 months pregnant, having a girl!)


Wanted one of the girls that were there with Mama Sharp. This was one of the few that didn't turn out crazy! :) This was a view from one of the balconies...so pretty....

I believe everyone needs a goofy shot...brings out so much life, dontcha think?

Thanks M&D for such a wonderful trip!!!!! XOXO

5 comments:

Tami said...

Wow. That looked like so much fun!! I am so jealous that we weren't there. I love it that you guys got to see dolphins. One thing on my bucket list is to swim with dolphins... I think that I will wait for a swimming pool in Mexico or something though. I LOVE your family pictures. I love the one in Sepia too. Those Mika pictures are adorable! Lots of great pics! Fun, fun!!

Kenda said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I like the sepia family shot.

ShaRron said...

Have to agree, I like the sepia pic too. I love the other one too, and your hair looks great in both, but the sepia adds a timeless feel.

Angie said...

yay! so much fun!!!!! we love spending time with your family. can we do this once a month?!?! :)

Britt Butler said...

ok y'all have had too much fun this summer! save some fun for us!! :D love all the pics, especially the last, so cute!