Saturday, July 09, 2011

Baptism!

Our firstborn was Baptized today. I can't believe it still...She was so excited and nervous. Travis and I were a wreck. We both started crying in the opening song. :) 

 Aunt Stacey took our family picture. I love it. Even though Mika wasn't feeling well and Ashlynn has her bright green passy, this was such a special day we'll always remember.
 Travis looking so handsome. I'm so proud of him, he was amazing.
 I love my beautiful sweet Kaylin. She is a mini me in so many ways, but I also see Travis in her. I adore her and her sweet spirit and her wonderful testimony. We are so proud of her obedience and decision to be baptized.

 She was baptized with her best friend Lana. Their birthdays are 2 weeks apart. The program was beautiful and simple. The girls were glowing.



My dad was able to come for the first part of the baptism. He had to quickly go to do a sealing at the temple, but we are so glad he was there. Kaylin adores Grandpa.
 My mom gave the Holy Ghost talk. She was brilliant. She talked about the story in the scriptures where you couldn’t hear the Lord in the wind, earthquakes or fire, but in a still small voice. She also had the congregation sing different songs loudly at the same time to distract the girls, while she whispered in their ears to fold their arms. She said that’s how the world is, loud and chaotic, but to listen for the holy ghost to whisper to you. She gave her a wand with a star at the end that said Believe. It's one of those talks you'll always remember.
Thanks to the Gardners (especially Jennifer and Stacey) for everything. It was perfect and beautiful, a cherished memory for us. All these pictures in this post were taken by Stacey, thanks- I love them all.

6 comments:

melanie said...

sweet kaylin looked so gorgeous!!! make sure to tell her nash and i say congrats!!!

Joyce said...

lol Ashlynn's passy matches your top perfectly:) And your moms talk was brilliant! I loved watching her sing with Kaylin, you could feel the love:) It was so sweet and such a special day.....

The Grantham Family said...

Holy mmmmmm Moly ... your little girl is officially baptized. Crazy how time flies - she is such a pretty girl and you are right, a mini you!!

Tami said...

Awesome! We are so happy for Kaylin and so proud of her! I love all of your pictures!

Meagan said...

Congratulations Kaylin! You are such a sweet girl with a great heart. We are so proud of you for deciding to be baptized! We love you!!

Angie said...

Congratulations Kaylin! She looks beautiful!