Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Remembering Danen

It's been 6 years now, that Danen returned "home". What an awesome brother. This year we just went to his grave with some family. We know Danen doesn't want tears or sadness so we laugh and love each other. 

I love my family. The Clarkes are some of the best people I've ever met in my entire life. This is one of them. I love Auntie Nae like a sister. She is so sweet with all my kids and loves Travis and I with all her heart. I adore her. I don't have any pictures with her sisters, but Jocelyn and Laurel I can't say one bad thing about. They are selfless, hilarious and adorable. I'm so glad I got to spend that night with them, as well as the next day. It helps to be with family on this day. 


 We missed Travis' parents badly as they were away in Chicago for work. My thoughts constantly went to his siblings all day, just wishing I could be with them. Thankfully they are coming in August and I can't wait to see them!!!!
Brett, Sarah, Brock and Becky came out too. They are like my brothers and I adore their wives so it was neat to have them with us. All the other tall lanky boys are cousins. It was fun to see them, it's been too long...

It's crazy to think Danen died when Kaylin was 2 and Ethan was 4 months. It hurts to think they won't have memories with Dane, but that's what we have eternity for....

Fun with fam swimming the next day...

3 comments:

melanie said...

i thought of him all week!!!

The Grantham Family said...

I am so impressed how you have managed to keep his memory so alive!! You really did marry into an awesome family girl - love ya and I can't believe it has been 6 years. That means I haven't seen you for that long either.... miss ya!

Tami said...

I am glad that you guys got together and laughed and played rather than cried. (Even though you are making me all teary!)