Thursday, February 07, 2008

South Carolina!

Travis had a Michelin Training up in Greenville, South Carolina last week and I got to tag along! Mom watched the kids and since it was during the week she came to our house! We stayed in a nice hotel with marble bathroom floors and a fabulous free breakfast paid by Michelin! Each morning I would go down to eat with Travis at 7am, he'd take the shuttle at 7:30 to the training center and me??? I would go back to sleep for hours! The first day I toured a little, walked some shops found the movie theaters etc. Travis came back around 4:30pm so we bought some Movie tickets, went out to dinner (they paid for that too!) and toured the town. The second day was much more exciting for him than it was for me....and this is why: He could tell you much better than I could, but they test drove brand new BMW 328i's on a closed course. There were 3 actually...

The Above picture is the Laurens Proving Grounds where the testing took place. The track on the bottom of the pic is where they had the cones set up for the Autocross course. The circle (the bigger one) was a wet track where they would test if they should put new tires on the front or back. With the new tires on the front the vehicles would fish-tail and send them spinning off the track. You can't really see the last track, but it's the one on the top left of the pic. It was also wet and this one they tested all-season tires and summer tires in wet traction. When he came back to the hotel around 2 not only was I surprised, I couldn't help but giggle at how excited he was to tell me all about his day. He was convinced he wanted to do that for a living!! (But I wasn't convinced living in Greenville!)

The next day I had to check out of the hotel at noon, so I was homeless for 4 hrs till I picked Travis up. I ended up going to a chick flick matinee and walked around some more shops.

It was such a relaxing trip, no worries, no cares...just me and Travis (and most of the day just me!!) I finished a great book and got A LOT of rest!

Now it's back to reality....

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

Sounds like a great getaway. I'm glad you could do that before the new baby comes.