Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day!

I had a great Mother's Day! Church was nice, our friends spoke and they were awesome talks...and it was a lot of fun, I was asked to be on a Mother Mystery Panel where they picked 6 moms, hid them behind a chalk board with a sheet and would ask them questions--kind of like The Dating Game, but with moms? We did it in Jr and Sr. Primary. It was cute, when I answered one question (yes, into the dreaded microphone so I sounded like a kid from Jr. Primary...) Kaylin said to her teacher, "I think that's my mom!" Then the reveal: Mystery Mom #3 Come show yourself, Kaylin squealed, "Mommy!' We got a cute potted plant (bummer, no chocolate) and I realized this was my last week at church being pregnant and having only 2 kids!!!

After church we went down to Angie and Andrew's house. I had to get a pic with my wonderful "doting" husband who always has the best intentions...even if they don't work out. :) He woke up at 6:45 (we have church at 8:30 AM!!!) to clean up and make me breakfast...BUT he fell asleep on the couch till Ethan woke him up. By that time it was too late to do anything but get ready and eat cold cereal. Rats!

It was great to be with Ang and Mom this afternoon. We got to talk and watch the kids play too cute together while the men finished the meal and did the dishes. We had a yummy dinner and the Hayes' made us homemade cheesecake icecream topped with strawberries!

The most wonderful Grandma and 3/15 grandkids...It was such a beautiful day, so we spent more time outside than in. My kids got some bubbles from our Swim party and insisted on bringing them. It was fun because it was windy so they hardly needed to blow! Lily loved the bubbles, here's a pic of them blowing them to her.
Monday we are sharing Mother's Day with Brad and Vicki, so I'll post some pics of that too.

1 comment:

Tami said...

How fun! I wish that I was there with you guys. Looks like it was a fun day! That video of Lily walking to Ethan is priceless! How sweet. We can't wait to see all of you this summer! Two days and counting for little Adrian!!! Yippee!