Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More of London

I don't know why but I love the telephone booths that are everywhere. This one was at the London Tower and Chris always gets me looking my best!

We went over to Notting Hill. I looked for the blue door from the movie, but no luck. We did find this gorgeous home I had to get a picture of. The streets were full of shops, markets and people. I got my kiddos some English toys to bring back.
This was taken in Hyde Park. There is a funny story about this park. London has about 3 parks that are beautiful. But this one was near the Theater we were going to see Oliver in that night. (Each play or musical has its own theater.) We were resting our feet, and we noticed there were tons of crowds, bicycles and not many clothes...I saw men with no shirts that had painted "Right for Bikes" on their chests. We go over to an arch to take a picture and Chris says "Whoa" so we look behind us and see naked men, just wearing...socks...not on their feet. :)
This is a really cool bridge right across from the Tower of London. This isn't the bridge Henry the 8th put heads on, it was the next over over, but it was very plain and boring, unlike this one!

3 comments:

melanie said...

looks like you're having a blast!!

Tami said...

Yea! How fun. London really is beautiful. It looks like you are having a great time. I am so happy for you!!

Britt Butler said...

I so wish I was there with you! I would have loved the telephone booths too for some reason! It's like trains...don't know why I love 'em so much!