Monday, January 05, 2009

The New Year


So we are starting off the New Year with all sort of excitement! (Do you sense the sarcasm?) Some good, some bad and just plain busy. So there probably won't be a ton of posts (maybe still some!) in the next couple weeks as we are packing up the house, getting ready to move...just locally and only 5-10 minutes up the road, but unfortunately our land lords are foreclosing and not wanting to rush into buying a home (I didn't feel good about any I've seen so far) or make a "bad choice" as I say so often to my kids, we are going to rent for a little longer...
Lessons I've learned:
1. It's very hard packing with 3 kids at home all day (and one a baby trying to crawl and cries when I leave the room)
2. I dont' want to move ever again unless we BUY
3. I hate when it rains on packing days
4. Our nonverbal agreement of Travis not helping, just doing the moving part is officially NOT an agreement anymore!

4 comments:

The Young Family Inc. said...

I wish that I lived closer so that I could take the kids. Seems like all the packing has to be done AFTER bedtime. Good luck!

DeAnn said...

Yuck. So what did your landlords do with your rent money?! As a fellow renter, I can assure you that you are doing the right thing!!

Cheryl Smith said...

Moving sucks! Good luck with things... Wish I could take the kidos off your hands for a while!

Tami said...

You are a trooper! I like your list of lessons learned. Good luck with everything!