Monday, August 25, 2008

Destin, Florida!

Last week we had the Sharp Family Reunion (my side) in Destin, Florida! It was gorgeous weather the whole week even with the threat of Hurrican Fay! (somehow it missed us?!) Travis got to be with us the whole week. It was awesome. We got to stay in the master bedroom and it was kinda sad when I came home to mine.:(
The kids had a blast with all their cousins, I hardly even saw them all week! ;) Aidrian cooed and smiled at everyone and was held mostly by my niece Makenzie, my bro Adam and my sis Meagan, although my other sisters wanted to hold her just as much--they just had other kids to run after! It was a nice break from my arms, but actually missed holding her all the time! It was so fantastic being with all my sisters and seeing their cute kids grow up. Yes, it was chaotic--16 kids and 14 adults will do that, but it was so much fun. Every night after the kids went to bed (passed out more like it) the adults stayed up to play games...well it was mostly the girls who played games and the guys watched the Olympics! The house was awesome--I didn't want to leave! Back to reality....
This is a super long slideshow, but I have thousands of more pictures! Hope you can sit through it! :)



I got to take family pictures out there, but I'm still working on them, so I'll post them later...

8 comments:

The Vander Veurs said...

how fun!!!!!!!!!!! im so glad you were all able to do that!!! you look like you got tons of sun!!!!!

melanie said...

looks like so much fun . we miss you guys!!!

Angie said...

love the pics! love you! it was a good time!

The Grantham Family said...

Looks like a great trip! I want to be on that beach, or in the water basking in the sun. Dang. You have such a great family! I LOVE the video clip of Trav walking in his flippers...too funny!

Also, great blast from the past post! That was a fun read and brought back memories of your short time in sunny SG! Oh, I remember the thumb incident....OUCH!

Britt Butler said...

I'm SOOO jealous! I LOVE Destin! Hey, next time Travis can't go...I have no problem taking his place(: Glad y'all had fun!

DeAnn said...

What a fun trip. I feel the same way about the Green reunion in Cape Cod. It's so great to be with family and let all the cousins play together.

Tami said...

Very fun post! We had a great time partying with your family! Thanks for taking our pictures and for a great time!

Whitings said...

How fun! The pictures are beautiful. I can't wait to see the others that you took of the family. Your whole family is just so adorable.