Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Kindergarten Rocks!

Yep the day is here! Kaylin went to her first day of Kindergarten today. I took her this morning, but she rode the bus home. She was so excited. Never nervous, scared, sad...nothing. What a big girl! She wanted to pose! I have no idea....
When she got home I asked her how her day was, she replied, “Funable!” This was her big blurb about school today....she told me that she sat by a new friend named Halee and she played with her outside. She also made a new friend on the bus that is in her class but she can’t remember her name. :) She played in centers and learned about the class rules. She couldn’t eat her crackers at lunch because she took too long eating. She ate in the cafeteria! And for snack, her string cheese went bad so she only ate the applesauce. She likes her teacher, Mrs. Buttry, and she gets to go to PE on Tuesdays and Thursdays and needs to wear tennis shoes!
Big girl getting off the bus. Yep, she takes her rubberbands out...why bother?
All in all it was a great day. The house was more quiet, but we did miss big sister. Tomorrow she is riding the bus to school and I have to get up at 6:30 Eeeeek! No phone calls before 10 am please! (unless you want to speak to Oscar the Grouch!--and I am not only reffering to Ethan!)

7 comments:

The Grantham Family said...

What a big girl! I LOVE her outfit and she is so dang cute...was it a sad day for you!? Um...I know it is so childish, but kinda funny that her teacher is Mrs. "Butt-ry!" Talk about a teaser....

The Vander Veurs said...

ahhhhhh thats so crazy she is going to kindergarden!! she looks so cute good job mom on the outfit i love it!! i am so proud of her what a big girl i dont know why but that puts tears in my eyes probably cause she is already in kindergarten and i havent gotten to be around her=( i love you brit and miss you more than you know!!!!

Angie said...

What a brave girl!!! She's so social, I know she's going to have a ton of friends and love school. Just like her mommy! :) well, maybe not the "love school" part. ;)

Cheryl Smith said...

Wow! You guys start school early there! My kids don't start until the 27th! I cried when Wes got on the bus the first time - it's fun to watch them grow up though!

Britt Butler said...

What a big girl! I'm so proud of her, but not surprised(: She is good at going with the flow! Glad YOU survived too(:

Tami said...

Yea! What a cutie. She is getting so grown up!! What a beautiful girl. I am glad that she liked kindergarten!!

The Jacobson Family said...

She is so cute, I can't believe how big she has gotten, time goes by so fast, Sky starts her 1st day on the 27th.