Monday, August 04, 2008

Giving you a chuckle

Kaylin: I wish the grass was pink. It would look really pretty.

In talking with Kaylin about school, I asked, "What do you do if you need to tell your teacher something?"
Kaylin: Um, just raise my hand and say Teacher, listen! And then you ask your question!
(uh-oh!)

Kaylin: Mom, you are a nice mommy today.
Me: Well thanks.
Kaylin: It's because I'm so good, right mama?
(smart girl!)

Grandma came to visit last week. Having a conversation about why Grandma couldn't eat the bread we made with our pasta....
Grandma: I can't eat the bread because it'll make my tummy big! I don't want to look like Santa, do you?
Ethan: yep! I want to be Santa! Grandma, what you gonna be?...Maybe a reindeer!?

Having Family Home Evening all Ethan wanted to do was wrestle with dad. We kept reminding him that would happen after the lesson. So this was part of his prayer...
Ethan: ...that we have fun and wrestle right now!....
at the end of the prayer...Dad: Good Job Ethan!
Ethan: see Dad, I pray we wrestle right now!
(like that would make his wish come true??)

2 comments:

Brooke Bennett said...

Hahaha! Kids say the funniest things! I love it! Jeffrey's new one is "no, you're not a girl, you're just mommy".

Tami said...

adorable comments! Kids say the funniest things. It is amazing the difference between the boy and girl comments, huh? Pink vs. wrestling. Hey, I love this new song you added, only you! Yaz sang this song and I loved it years ago.