Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Butterflies

Cute Mika in the stroller. She loved being outside! I think she could see and watch the Buttlerflies too. She'd look up and stare a lot. My favorites were the black ones with bright blue when the wings opened.

Ethan's playschool group went to Callaway Gardens for a field trip on Tuesday to see the Butterfly exhibit. It turned out to be a greater adventure that originally planned. I drove up with my friend Brittany about 1/2 hr later than the rest of the group, driving through the windy roads (she is pregnant) I get major car sick and she does too! yes, even driving! I get out while she parks. I'm so dizzy, we get into the welcome center and I lay on a bench. Ugh. I felt awful. I decided I need to eat something, and we had brought lunches, so I start on my bagel. That seemed to help. We find out we have to get back in the car to drive to the beach that their class is at. It's a 30 min walk and a 5 min car ride. Oh fine. The wind is blowing and I'm sitting there freezing. It just gets worse and worse, I feel terrible. The class goes home and we take our kids to the Butterfyl exhibit. If you've ever been to one, you know it's hot and humid. That didn't go so well. By the end I was trying to just make it through the doors, almost completely blacking out. Any chance I could, I knelt down to catch my dizziness. Poor Britt had to do a lot of the loading and buckling, I was no help. I lay in the front seat and close my eyes the rest of the trip back home. Bummer. So needless to say, these are pretty much all the pics I have of the eventful day. But hey, no puking! That's good! I got home and slept the rest of the day trying to get my fever down.


A cute pic of Ethan pushing Aidrian. He was so helpful all day. I knew Ethan would be a bit worried about the butterflies flying around him. It was pretty funny, he'd duck and laugh and say Whoa! every tim one swooped near him. But I found myself doing that too a few times! They flew all around you!
Cute Mika in the stroller. She loved being outside! I think she could see and watch the Buttlerflies too. She'd look up and stare a lot. My favorites were the black ones with bright blue when the wings opened.

4 comments:

Angie said...

cute! i have been to calloway gardens...and yes, the roads are windy and the butterfly house is hot and muggy. i feel your pain sista! cute new stroller too! love it!

The Vander Veurs said...

thats soooo cute how he would duck i would too butterflies are crazy when they fly=) he totally loves her he seems like a great helper. She is soooo blonde i love it!!

The Schaefer's said...

The kids love the butterfly house. Sorry you felt so pukey. I get car sick, too.

Tami said...

What a bummer that you felt so awful! Sorry. I love butterfly gardens and at the one in Seattle the blue/black ones were my favorite too! I would see these amazing bright blue butterflies and when they landed you almost couldn't see them anymore because they became black. Pretty cool.