Sunday, February 15, 2009

Me and my "Gertie"

Sweet Kaylin wanted a Girls Day just with mommy. So on Valentines Day we went grocery shopping together and then we went and saw the movie Bolt. It was so cute, she had a new pink dress on, I let her wear lip gloss and blush and we painted our nails. She kept asking everyone if she looked beautiful. She'd laugh and say she had to keep asking that because she was doing new things and getting more beautiful! We had a great day together!

Ethan and Aidrian went with Travis on some errands and met us for the movie too. I think it may have been our best movie experience with kids with all of us ever. Ethan actually stayed put the whole time, Kaylin absolutely loved it and Mika slept half way through it. It was a really cute movie too!

PS To explain the title...when Kaylin was a toddler we were in a store and I said, "Come here girlie" and a lady stopped me and asked, "Um, did you just call her Gertie?" I laugh thinking about it now but at the time I was horrified that when I said girlie people might actually think I named my daughter Gertie!

4 comments:

The Young Family Inc. said...

Um, Gertie is my favorite girl name!

The Young Family Inc. said...

Just kidding.

Angie said...

cute! looks like a fun day! how nice that all the kids were good and you had a nice night with your hubby.

Tami said...

So cute! I am glad that you guys had a fun time. Isn't it cute that we can take our girls to the grocery store and tell them that it is a date and it makes them feel special? Very sweet. I am glad that you liked the movie too.