Monday, February 23, 2009

Kayli-rooni

Because of our move to Peachtree City, we decided to take Kaylin out of Welch Elementary and put her in the school right around the corner, Huddleston Elementary. She had a mid-winter break last week and then Monday she started at the new school. I've never seen her more excited! I met her teacher, Mrs. Bernard earlier and told her that her teacher was so excited to meet her and the girls were so happy she was coming into their class because they had 9 boys and only 8 girls, but she would make them tied! Kaylin was quite happy about that and told everyone. So Monday morning came and she she eagerly waited patiently as I gave the office some paperwork, asking quietly, "Can I meet my teacher yet?" When she saw her classroom she walked right in up to the teacher. She wasn't shy at all. She was....brave. :) She had a great day and her teacher called me that afternoon to tell me who she played with and how much she loved centers and recess. She told me many of the students took Kaylin under "their wing" and "mothered" her as we all know 5-6 yr olds love to do. :) The picture above was taken after she got off the bus, it comes right to the corner so we played at the park right there until it came. Kaylin said her bus driver was very funny so she wanted to sit right behind him. The picture below is her talking to grandma Wendy and trying to remember her day so she could tell her all about it.
Here are some pictures from the time we stayed with Grandma Wendy during break. (oh yes, my kids call my mom Grandma Wendy--I think it started when my mom told Kaylin that her name was Wendy just like the Wendy in Peter Pan. Kaylin gasped and stared at Grandma in amazement. She's been Grandma Wendy ever since)
Now I had to go to the denstist on this day, but Angie took her camera, they went to a park in the city and I heard it was a blast. From what I heard mom and the kids where walking and singing "How do you know?" from Enchanted. I LOVE my mom's little jig right there!
Kaylin loves to play and be outside! She is in her own imaginary world and often likes to bring others in on the fun. She's always running (and tripping) climbing and singing. She wants Grandma Clarke to teach her how to play the piano while we are here. She's always humming or singing something, mostly made up words to songs she knows, but every now and then we get an origianl with vabrato.
Kaylin loves Lily bug. I think having a baby sister has helped her see how helpful she can be to little poeple. She sits by Mika in the car, making sure she has her toys, her blanket and snacks. She also helps Lily a lot. At mom's Lily was fussing in her highchair so Kaylin went over and spood fed her her yogurt. Lily can do it just fine by herself, but she loved having Kaylin feed her and just giggled. It was quite cute.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Kaylin is so sweet and cute! I am excited to hear how things go for her at her new school. How exciting! I am really happy for her.