Saturday, April 25, 2009

Savannah, Georgia

Savannah is gorgeous. One day--with out my kids, I want to really devour the city. I love the architecture, the trees, the charm. Above is a pic of me and my kids by the coolest line of trees.
Below are all the grandkids that were on the trip standing in front of the "waving lady" by the river.
These were the cutest tug boats. So cool.
There are 25 "squares" in Savannah. And 21/25 are still there. The squares are grassy parks with some kind of monument or fountain in the middle of each one. Old beautiful homes and churches surround the square. This is a picture taken of one of the squares. With the old light, the fencing and the trees, don't you think it's charming?
We took a trolley tour. I sat by Trevor. Mika was very disinterested in the tour. She kept trying to peel my sticker off or get off my lap. And I wanted to sit on both sides of the trolley so I could see everything. One of my favorite things we saw was a home that my parents house in Peachtree City was built after. It was gorgeous, but I have a lot of heads in the way. I also loved the homes with the wrought iron balconies, the Gothic churches, and the Pirate's House.
I got really hot really fast. My kids didn't last long, so we left about 3:30 to drive back home. Thanks Grandma for a wonderful trip and we miss the Sharps already!!!

6 comments:

DeAnn said...

I always wanted to visit Savannah while we lived there. We just didn't stay long enough. Sounds like a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

Savannah is one of my favorite cities. I love it there! Looks like you guys had fun!

Tami said...

Looks like fun! Savannah really is a beautiful little city. Looks like you guys had fun with the Sharps!

Janine Padilla said...

Looks like you guys have been busy busy!! I love all the pics. Savannah looks gorgeous. I love reading books/or watching movies set in that area. Seems so perfect!

Angie said...

I wish we could have spent more time there too...and yes...without little ones. :) Lily and I loved being with you and the Sharps. It was a fun time. Love ya!

Meagan said...

What a gorgeous place! I'm glad you guys got to have so many fun adventures with the Sharps! I'm sad I missed all the fun!