Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The Coolest Fort

So I wake up around 9--yeah a little late, but Mika was snoozin and I took advantage of it. But the house is way too quiet for anything good. I look for the kids, can't find them. Oh well, I'll make some phone calls. Then I hear thundering foot steps coming down the stairs and they shout with excitement they have found the perfect branches for a fort! BUT they need help to build it with "no saws or nails." Hmmm. This could be tricky. I go out to the front yard feeling optomistic, I was an excellent fort builder when I was young. We drag all the branches to the back yard and I start building it against Danen's tree. This is how it turned out. It's almost like a dome shaped hut made from leaves with one opening, where the kids are. Mika was even in on the fun. We were all disgustingly dirty so up to the bath we went!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Looks like a fun fort! I love it that it didn't include all of the blankets in your house (that no one wants to clean up later) like the forts around here. You are such a fun mom!