Monday, August 03, 2009

Sea World: Water Park

The water park at Sea World was definitely the most fun! It was so hot, that we always ended up in the water even if we weren't planning on it. Ethan was so brave in the wave pool. We went out in the deep end and he was right there with us!

When Matt and Mandee came with us on Thursday Travis and I were able to ride the tube slide together! I asked if the first person gets splashed and we both thought I was in the clear since the kids didn't reall get wet--boy were we wrong! --or I was heavier than they were, because as soon as we go to the end, I was hit with a wall of water in my face!

Travis going down the single tube slide. He was twisting and turning the whole way down, came in backwards and went all the way under! While I was waiting (for forever...) I saw a lady lose her balance on a single slide and witnessed the life gaurd rescuing her! I've never seen that before...Kaylin got to go on this one alone too! Thank goodness she's so tall and brave! :)

In the kiddie area there is a short slide for little kids. We took Kaylin on this when she was one, so we tried with Mika. Travis could go with her. She was such a cutie! Never cried despite all the water in her face!

On our last day at Sea World Mika fell asleep while I was HOLDING her IN THE WAVE POOL! It was hilarious. She was so still and plastered to my chin, I asked Travis if she was asleep and we couldn't believe it! In the deep end they are just big swells, going up and down slowly, so I guess it just put her to sleep!

They have a kiddie pool for little ones. This is where we hung out a lot when we lived in Texas. I have the exact pictures of Mika as I do of Kaylin at this age. So cute. Mika loved the slides. i just let her go and she zoomed down the slides into a big splash. She would giggle and clap. Many moms gasped when I let her go, but she was in heaven!

Here's Kaylin going down a single slide.

Bubs was scared to go alone so Matt went with him, Travis had to go with Mika...so he was already a little hestitant. They come flying down the slide and completely disappear under the water. OH NO! Bubby is not going to be happy! And he wasn't...Poor Matt was stuck under the water lifting Ethan up. He didn't go on that again....

They have a pool with huge floaties that you can jump across. Kaylin loved them!

Kaylin and I in the deep end of the wave pool. That was definately are favorite spot!

1 comment:

Tami said...

That looks so amazingly fun! I am so jealous. What a fun trip!!