Saturday, June 19, 2010

29 now and forever

Would I wake up feeling older and wiser?? Yeah, I think I did. My kids forgot, but once I reminded my fit thrower what day it was, the kids all remembered and showered me with hugs. My friend Joyce dropped off a goodie basket of all my favorite things and then I rushed off to the last day of swim lessons. My mom came and watched them with me, then hauled them away to her house, so I could enjoy a day of shopping and dates!
Thanks Mom!!! (the best present ever!)
Me and Travis--despite his sprained foot and the crazy hectic day at work, we laughed all night. Thanks babe for a stress free day!
Britt and I share the same bday. So fun. We spent the day laughing and shopping and eating. It was fantastic. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time....
It was almost more painful to try NOT to laugh...the pictures were hilarious, but oh my... too embarrassing for the Blog.
After dinner Travis and I headed to the movies. Our plan was to go to our favorite hotel, but plans fell through, so we pulled our mattress out to the living room and watched movies all night. It was awesome sleeping in, taking my time to get ready for the day, had brunch and then picked the kids up from my parents.
Of course the kids had a blast. And even better to have my dad there too. He's usually working when we come up to visit during the day. My mom kept them busy making bday cards and father's day card and even took them out shopping to find us gifts! They were sad to leave....
My mom also made me a cake. I know it sounds silly, but it's so nice to have a cake on your bday-- It just completes it. I must say 29 candles were quite hard to blow out!
Another fun thing was all the birthday wishes on Facebook. It was so fun checking my email and seeing so many friends comments. Thanks!!
I WON'T mention that Travis' family ALL forgot (except his parents) as well as my ONLY brother and one sister...but hey...I'm getting old...which means so are they...it's hard to keep up! ;)

5 comments:

The Young Family Inc. said...

Your hair is about to catch on FIRE, B! LOVE you! (And love that you know what it feels like to almost be 30 too.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The Young Family Inc. said...

Your hair is about to catch on FIRE, B! LOVE you! (And love that you know what it feels like to almost be 30 too.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

purplepansies said...

Brittany you still look like a teenager to me. How do you do that? I'm feeling very old these days. Love you, Aunt Sylvia
PS Happy b-day - late

Angie said...

glad you had a fun birthday weekend!!! i don't know how you can watch movies all night. i'm getting too old! maybe you are too!! :)

Tami said...

Wow, that sounded like the perfect birthday! It will be hard to top that next year for 30! You are beautiful and wonderful Brit! I am glad that you had such a great day!