Friday, July 25, 2008

Dazzles

So we thought it'd be so much fun to take the kids to a skating rink. We were in luck, in Fayetteville there's a place called "Dazzles". All right! This is exciting! What? 7 dollars per person? Okay, Ethan and Aidrian are free...phew!
Thankfully, our friends the Leishman's came with us to join in the torture...I mean, FUN!!!

Below is a pic of Kaylin and I...starting out on the carpet....doing well....keeping her balance.... Okay, let's try the rink. Wow, it's a lot slippier...hmmm....okay Kaylin, hold on to the bar....oh shoot, the bar ends....um.....
Okay, let's get off the rink as soon as possible....squirm, twist, grab, ouch....this is horrible....what were we thinking? I think I pulled a muscle....
I don't think "Dazzles" had air conditioning, boy were we sweating!!! We all wore way too many clothes! Do they allow swimsuits?

And so this was Kaylin--MOST of the time....on the floor. My friend Melanie and I tried taking one kid between the two of us....WOW, that was painful. How hard can skating possibly be? The whole time we are telling the kids, keep your feet together, stand up strait, try walking, watch your feet...nope. It was a lot funnier to them to drag on our arms, fall into our skates and hear me yell, therefore trying not the fall ourselves, or watch us pull them up with all our energy as other skaters flew past us!
Travis and I did get a "snowball" skate although it was to rap music! :) It was really dark so the picture isn't too great. Travis was used to rollerblading, hence the concentration...I was a pro--remembering the days of Skate King for my 12th birthday! Hee heee Travis taking Ethan worked out much better that my insane task with Kaylin. Ethan would just drag in between his legs the whole time.
After a while, he just took his skates off and watched us....
Will we be doing that in the near future??? NO WAY!! I'm still sore...ouch, I need some Advil.

6 comments:

Britt Butler said...

Darn it! Wish we could've come for the fun): Hope y'all had a good time, looks like you did!!

The Vander Veurs said...

lolololol thats hilarious!! i know what you mean skating does hurt i can onlt imagine doing it while you try and hold your kids up at the same time i would have fallen right on top of her=) oh skateking good memories=) i love your shirt so cute!

melanie said...

hahahaha. your blog was fun funner to read than mine!!!!!!!!

The Young Family Inc. said...

I LOVED SkateKing! And the Snowball!!! WOW! You Clarkes are a good time!! XOXO

Meagan said...

Priceless!

Cheryl Smith said...

Brit, you look sooo skinny after just having a baby! You are so lucky. Looks like fun!