Sunday, July 06, 2008

Remembering Danen

Today, 3 years ago, Travis' brother Danen passed away. Every year we gather at the place he died with friends and family for a BBQ, listen to his dad's testimony, reflect on Danen's life giving a moment of silence in respect. He is gone from this world, but we know he still lives! We miss him very much. I love this picture...Kaylin is almost one. When we came to visit, Danen walked around with her all through the house. She loved him!
This was at my first family reunion with the Clarkes. Danen and Brandon were our little shadows the whole time...we had bubble gum wars, tried making towers in the water with Travis on bottom, then Danen, then me...and built sand drip castles.
I love this picture too. Danen has the white blonde hair and the other boy is Travis when he was around 12 yrs old.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

I am so grateful that you knew Danen in this life and that you know he has gone to a better place. What a joyful reunion you all will have someday. I love you all.

Angie said...

Those are some great pictures. Thanks for sharing and letting us remember too!

The Vander Veurs said...

such cute pictures i remember we talked on the phone and you tod me how much you loved him i know he is watching over your family and you will see him again!

Tami said...

That is a great post Brit. I miss Danen and I never even knew him. He seems like a great guy.