Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Rednecks?

So for those of you who don't know, Travis' youngest brother Brandon is serving and LDS mission in Bangalore, India. His letters are incredible. We love them, cherish them and laugh at them. Anyway, here's part of his last letter...I thought it was pretty funny so I had to post it...
"I miss working with Travis. We had so much fun at those jobs and the dump was the highlight of the day. I remember one time we were playing lightbulb baseball and he hit this one beautiful bulb, which shattered quite nicely, and one of the peices flew straight for my eye, but using my catlike reflexes and Matrix bulletdodging skills I avoided it, or in other words I got lucky, and two pieces hit my eyebrow and cheek just above and below my eye. Travis saw me grab my face and got scared that he hit my eye so we realized that this game was a bit too dangerous. So we proposed that instead of the pitcher standing in front of the batter like we had origionally that he would now stand diagonally to the side. And with that problem solved we continued with the fun. We were quite the problem solvers. But that game wasn't as fun as the sink races in which we tilted the dump trailer to about a fifty degree angle and sat in porcelain sinks and raced down the trailer, landing on concrete and dirt where the sinks would smash to peices and we would roll around in pain. We solved that problem by laying old nasty carpet at the bottom of the trailer and went about searching the dump for more sinks. We were successful in finding a beautiful double metal kitchen sink where we each could fit in our own side and ride down together. that one lasted a coupe of times before both sink and our tailbones were too demolished to continue. Those were some good times. I always refused to be called a redneck until last year when Travis pointed out the fact that we like playing in the dump, big trucks, riding on car hoods behind our big trucks, things that explode, more big trucks, even bigger trucks, and mud... with big trucks in it. We are definitely rednecks."
What do you think?????

6 comments:

Meagan said...

That is classic! I can imagine those two having quite the time at the dump. No wonder Ethan likes going to the dump with his dad!

The Grush's said...

This had me rolling. I think I will have to read it again.

Kenda said...

This is so funny! We're glad Brandon is doing so well.

The Schaefer's said...

The things "boys" do when they are bored :c). Glad to hear Brandon is doing well.

Angie said...

that is too funny. definitely sounds like "clarke boy fun!"

Tami said...

Hillarious! What a good writer. Wow, I learn something new about travis every day. what a great life they had growing up. I hope that my boys don't do those things, but I am sure that they will want to..