Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Little Thanksgiving

This year since Travis had to go into work on Friday, we decided to stay home and have our own little Thanksgiving. We started the morning putting up some Christmas decorations. We have a small tree that we put upstairs and the kids loved helping me put all the decorations up. They also helped me with the Christmas Cards. Kaylin and I made little indian feather hats for Ethan and Aidrian and helped me set the table. Travis got a really yummy citrus turkey recipe and he did a wonderful job! Kaylin was sure she wouldn't like it, but ended up eating 2 helpings! While we ate, we went around the table and listed 5 things we were thankful for: Travis and his delicious turkey: 1. My Savior 2. The best family in the whole wide world-Mom who I love more than anything, Kaylin my wonderful daughter, Ethan for being energetic, boystrious and happy, And Aidrian Mika my sweet happy baby 3. My job 4. The Gospel 5. Extended Family-thinking of Danen today.
Brittany enjoying the delicious turkey: 1.My family-siblings, parents, in-laws, and most importantly my children and husband. 2. The Gospel, all aspects-how it makes my life beautiful 3. Food-how it makes me so happy after I eat some 4. Warm house as it's freeeezing outside 5. Eternal Families-giving me hope and peace.

Sweet Kaylin: 1. My mom and my Dad. 2. The soldiers. 3. Ethan and baby Aidrian. 4. Food 5. Princesses. Can i add one more? Jesus!

Ramblings of a 3 year old: Ethan: 1. My Old friends. 2. Hmm, not a lion because he's kindof bad. 3. My house. 4. Cookies. 5. That's it.


Kaylin: Dad all you did was make this yummy delicious dinner!
Ethan: Dad do you want Danen to come down?
Dad: No I want to goup to heaven to see him.
Ethan: No I want him to come down!!

Kaylin: I think Aidrian's thankful for mommy and daddy and her toys.

Today we are on our way down to St. Simon's to Travis' Aunt Christina's house. We'll spend the weekend there with Brad and his 2 brothers. Aunt Christina has one girl who is just a bit younger than Kaylin and then 5 boys who keep Ethan very occupied! We are excited!!

6 comments:

The Schaefer's said...

Looks like a good day...Tell Christina and Paul "Hi" from the Schaefer's.

melanie said...

looks like a success!!! have fun down in st. simons.

Tami said...

Looks like fun. You have such a cute family. Good idea to post and record the things that everyone said that they were Thankful for. We wish that we could have been with you for Thanksgiving!

The Grantham Family said...

Way to go! That turkey looks beautiful. We went to Golden Coral. We were surrounded by the cream of the crop. It was pretty gross. I lost my appetite a few times! However, it was nice to not have to cook, I cook every night. We had a nice, chill back day!

The Jacobson Family said...

Your family is so cute!! We Love and Miss you guys.

Angie said...

good job on the turkey guys!!! i'm impressed! wish i could have seen ya over the weekend...but you definitely didn't want the stomach bug we had. ugh.