Friday, March 13, 2009

The Brave and The Beautiful

Ethan and Aidrian went to the Dr today.
Ethan the Brave had to go for his 4 yr old check-up and for Pre-K registration.
STATS:
36 lbs (50%tile)
40 in. (50%tile)
He had to get shots, 2 in each leg. I didn't ever actually say he would get shots until I had him in the car. If I had told him before, he would not have made it easy. Would have probably hid somewhere in the house when it was time to leave...so in the car I broke it to him easy. He was not pleased, but immediately cheered up at the thought of a toy or treat. He was awesome, shy and quiet, but wasn't scared at all. It was almost like he was excited the Dr was checking him, not just the baby. But then shot time came. He cried, wriggled, squirmed all he could. Another nurse came in to hold Aidrian as I tried to tackle the crazy child in my arms. When he got the actually shots, he wasn't crying because they hurt, he was just plain mad. His Dr said he didn't have to come back till he was 11. That will make him happy. When daddy asked if he wanted to go back he said, No very casually. He wouldn't even show daddy his "battle wounds"--it was like he wanted to pretend it never happened....

Aidrian the Beautiful had to go in for her 9 month wellness visit.
STATS:
16 lbs (10%tile)
27 in (25%tile)
She didn't have to get any shots today, just her finger pricked and then her blood tested for iron deficiencies. It was quite cute, the sweet nurse pricked her finger and she furrowed her little brow at the nurse. She just stared at her the whole time and then tried to eat the band-aid all day till it came off. She is getting less stranger shy, but when the Dr came near she held up her arms, twirled her wrists and fussed looking back at me. (she was on my lap) She did NOT like him looking in her ears or measuring her height. Funny little girlie. And everytime I picked her up after some scary check from the Dr she squealed and breathed in a huge happy sigh. She fell asleep as soon as I put her in the car.

But all in all, they survived and Ethan is just glad the next time we have to go for Aidrian at 12 months, it'll have nothing to do with him. :)

1 comment:

Tami said...

I hate taking my kids to the dr for shots! Poor Ethan. I remember Stanford reacted almost the same way when he was 4. He was so mad at me! Aidrian is a petite little one, huh? Just like my Hannah. What cuties!