Sunday, March 01, 2009

Holy Bloody Nose, BATMAN!!

Ethan is 4 years old (today actually) but we had a party on Saturday. We were going to do it at the park, but because of the storms and rain, we had it in the church gym. We set up an obstacle course, a maze with dividers, had 3-legged races, Batman toss and Cake and Ice cream! It was such a fun party! One of thel east stressful parties I've done.
Unfortunately Ethan got a bad bloody nose the night before and then everything seemed to be drawn to his nose, like bikes, balls and swings, so he had 2 more bloody noses on Saturday. He said that's why he didn't participate in any games. Stinker.
But he loved his cake. His friend Ethan Bake's mom is the best caterer and I love her cakes!! (she made his Superman cake last year too!) So here it is!
I love Ethan's face while they are singing Happy birthday to him!
My parents came down, brought some "obstacles" and my mom made some Joker Punch (sprite with lime sherbet--YUM!) My sister Angie, Andrew and their babes Lily came too. Angie took this pic--I love it.
Me and the bloody nosed batman! ;) He sure was a shy guy that day...
The moms watching the kids play. It was awesome and it wasn't even loud--I'm thinking the carpet floors and carpet walls really helped! :)
All the kids waiting for cake!
We put up some "slides" and the kids would ride them down on sleeping bag mats. (yes, we were very creative!) They loved it!!
Ethan opening his presents! He scored!! He loved everything he got!! THANKS!
After all the rain, it warmed up to around 70 degrees, so we went over to the park for a little bit with my mom and dad and Angie's family.

3 comments:

DeAnn said...

Karen turns 4 tomorrow! We're having her party this Saturday. A horse party. I wish I could get Andrea to make me a cake!

Tami said...

Looks like a fun party! Gotta love church gyms. It is also nice to have low key parties for the parents. So much less stress and the kids still have a blast! I love that cake!

Britt Butler said...

Look at that stud! Happy Birthday from his girlfriend, wish we could've been there!