Tuesday, May 26, 2009

American Adventures

Saturday afternoon we went to American Adventures, a little them park for kids 10 and under, near White Water park. The kids love it, but we've never been able to take Travis! Above are the kids with their daddy on the Crazy Bus! Below are the 2 crazies in the tea cup. They were spinning the whole entire time. Ethan could hardly keep his head up. Kaylin was die-hard.
Waiting to ride the Go-Karts! Unfortunately, it started POURING right before we took off, so we couldn't go....
Bubby was so excited, and very disappointed when we had to leave without driving them....
The fam playing some miniature golf. We were all horrible....except Travis. I almost started cheating like Ethan, you know, pull the ball with your club into the hole....even still Travis would have kicked my butt.
Riding the rollercoaster! It actually has quite the drop and swirl. Kaylin and I sat in the very front, Ethan and Travis sat behind us in the same cart. Both kids raised their hands going up, but immediately grabbed the bar on the descent. Travis said Ethan would grab the bar, then let go and put his hands up and continue doing that the whole time. He was right into Travis' side most of the time slipping around in every direction. It was a blast.
The kids are begging me to go on this next one with them and since Travis gets more sick than I do, I give in. I figure it won't be that bad, it'll be like the teacups and if you don't try to make it go in a circle it won't. I can handle that! So I'm in the middle, Kaylin is squirming with anticipation. Like I said, she is our die hard. Ethan is super close to me, worried, but excited. We start, WHOA, this is faster than I thought. Swirl, whoosh, WHOA, I thought we weren't going to spin! Yeah, the rest of the ride was me and Kaylin screaming and Ethan giggling as though he would die of the giggles, and we are spinning like mad. I didn't go on another ride after that.
Bumper Cars! Can you see who is bumping who?!? (yeah I wasn't going to say that Ethan was actually driving the "boy car"...)
Kids on the flying airplane!
Mika took a nap some of the time. When she did, we wanted to see if she could ride the little train, but she was too little. ;)
I could post 10 more pics, but I won't. We had a great time and will go back again this summer!

4 comments:

melanie said...

i love this place!!! we'll have to go next time i visit...

DeAnn said...

How fun! I wish I would have known about it while we were there.

Tami said...

Looks like fun! My boys had a great time looking at these pictures. They remembered it from when we went there with you guys a few years ago. How fun that Travis could go this time! Didn't mom go with you? Where are the pics of grandma?

Angie said...

fun! next time, we wanna come!!!