Friday, May 01, 2009

A Tribute to Wyatt

Travis' childhood and family dog, Wyatt, was put to sleep today. The picture above shows his cancerous tumor in his paw. He also was blind and deaf and in the last week of his life, he could hardly walk and stopped eating. His parents felt that it was right to send him home after 15 years of a happy and fun-filled life. The night before, Brad asked me to take some photos of him. These are my favorite. He was such a pretty dog. Travis and his family have wonderful memories of him.

We all went to the vet with him. It was almost like he knew today was the day. But he did get nervous in the vet's office. Vicki asked me to bring Mika and she thought it was a happy day. She brought a happy spirit into the room. A lot of sadness and tears as WyWy left us, but it was peaceful and painless. He will be missed.

4 comments:

DeAnn said...

So sad. I'm still sad about my childhood dog Pepper who was put to sleep 14 years ago.

Angie said...

how sweet of you to take some pictures for them. i'm sure they will cherish those forver.

The Schaefer's said...

So sad. These animals really do become family over the years. It's heartbreaking to have to see them go.

Cheryl Smith said...

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes! I DREAD having to say good bye to my dog. There is just something about a good family dog. They touch our hearts and become part of the family.