Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend Birthday

Due to the rain, we didn't go to Lake Wedowee this year for Memorial Day Weekend. Yes, it was quite the upset. But we did get to spend my mom's birthday with her! And parts of the weekend, were indeed clearer and almost sunny. Above Ethan is playing in the dirt where my mom is going to plant soon. Below is Mika happy to be playing in the dirt as well. I wish you could hear the squeal that went along with this happy face.
Aidrian loves giving kisses. This has become a nightly ritual. Making rounds kissing everyone. Here she is stopping to take a break from her hustle and bustle to give daddy a kiss...
Mika loves music and Kaylin loves fingering the piano. So here are the two musicians playing some nice tunes for us. (I was surprised there is no banging!)
Mika outside with mud dripping from her mouth...yuck, but boy was she happy!
Ethan in smiles....
Pretty Kaylin girlie....
Mom's official b-day! Her friend made her some coconut cupcakes so we sang to her! (and enjoyed the cupcakes!)
My beautiful mother. I know she'll hate me for putting this up on here, but she is such a beauty to me. Kaylin and I took time to look at her wedding book that had some pregnant pictures and her as a young mother as well. I looked at her face that I endearingly loved and memorized over the years...and slowly the lines have changed, but to me, they are that much more beautiful. Every crease makes a smile, every wrinkle forms an expression, ones that I admire and adore. Happy Birthday mom, I cherish you.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Yea. I am so glad that you were able to spend Mom's birthday with her!! She really is an amazing woman. Your kids are sooo cute! I love the smile/squeal picture of Mika.

Angie said...

glad you were with mom on her bday. i'm sure she was happy you guys were there. it's always more fun with family around. great pictures of your kiddos...that one of kaylin is really cute.