Monday, May 11, 2009

An Interesting Mother's Day

This is how I spent most of my day on Mother's Day. On a United Airplane.

BUT I did get home earlier than I was originally going to be, which was a blessing. After a long, intense, and tiring day of taking wedding pictures at 3 locations, I came to Em's to pack and shower for my travel day. My whole body ached. I was supposed to be leaving SLC at 3pm and arriving at 11pm, which made me and my family so very sad. So I called the night before to see if I could get on a stand-by flight. I will spare all the many details and annoying calls I had to make at 3am, 4 am and then speed to the airport at 5am to make the 7am flight...it makes me tired just thinking about it. The flight was wide open and we got on! We had a 2 hr layover in Chicago, where I think I got the 2nd knot in my back. But I made it to Altanta by 4pm greeted by a huge Happy Mother's Day sign with a very happy husband and 2 excited kids. I almost cried. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen.
I came home to a clean house, a cute sign on the door and a pot of outdoor flowers by my mom, and a little pile of gifts. Below is some of the gifts. My favorite were the picture book Travis made for me (with a little help) and the pen and tile made by Kaylin, the bath soap and cute card from Ethan and my sweet necklace and card from Travis-he was wonderful. He made me grilled marinade chicken and roasted potatoes on the grill. YUM!
Although I was asleep earlier than usual and had a very fussy teething baby all night, I enjoyed my sweet day just being home with my family. I had no idea how much I would miss them--especially when I saw them again. I want to cry just thinking about it. My family is my life, and a sweet one at that.
Mika was overwhelmed with kisses, laughs and hugs, but she was happy to be home too. She clung to Travis most of the night.

4 comments:

Tami said...

Oh my goodness. That was such a sweet post. You made me all teary! You guys are such a cute family and you are an awesome mom!! I am glad that you were able to make it home for part of the day and that Travis did such a great job taking care of you!

Grandma Sharp said...

Nothing like being away for almost a week to make EVERYONE really grateful to be back together again!! I had a blast with your big kids, but I know that all three of those left here in Georgia really missed you... That airplane did look a bit...um...sad. Sorry you missed breakfast in bed (which Ethan was excited about) but so very grateful that you got to have Mother's Day Dinner together as a family. You are very blessed- and your family couldn't have a better wife and mother! You are a Rock Star!!

Angie said...

traveling is always full of lovely challenges. glad you made it home to spend some time with your sweet little fam.

Tami said...

I just have to add that every time I see that picture of all of your gifts my first thought is that it is a picture of you - your face in the middle and being surrounded by your gifts. but then it throws me off because I can't find your body. Anyway, it is silly, but that picture tricks me every time... :)