Thursday, June 05, 2008

Ramblings of a mother of 3...

I've loved the recent emails asking how mom and baby are...(thanks aunties!) and was responding to Aunt Jam and thought I'd post it on here for fun. Maybe I shouldn't actually confess all these ramblings...but then again, it may cause a chuckle or jog that forgotten memory.

Aidrian is doing really well. She's the sweetest baby. Good eater and great sleeper, although I still wake up in the morning feeling like a zombie, or that I just get hit by a truck depending on what I did the day before.Is your back supposed to feel lopsided?

I never thought I was an "old hat" until this one. Things sag where you don't want them to and your brain hurts when you think too hard about something, even if it's nothing important, like what day is it? I think my brain must be on hold right now...Do you ever get it back? Took the kids to their park play date today, ready to leave and after getting Aidrian out of the stroller and getting everyone buckled I take off leaving the stroller in the street right behind where the van used to be...hmmm. Hours later, at the store I look for the stroller in the trunk and it's not there...luckily it was it a safe neighborhood and no one had stolen it! (at least I didn't forget a child!?)

And with the comments of my older kids consisting of words like "full of energy", "have a lot of spunk", "really busy"...I can't expect anything less hearing stories from Travis' childhood, I stop wondering why my house looks like a tornado and my hair isn't washed for the 3rd day in a row, and I get everyone in the van and wonder, "Where am I going again?"

I think I've washed my sheets 3 times since her birth-- spit up, milk, poop and pee (only one out of the four are from me...) as I "forget" or am just plain too tired to burp her, wake up or change her in the wee hours of the morning...

BUT with all that said, I love having 3 kiddos--they have made my life full of joy, love, poop, laughs, dirt, kisses and tender moments. Wouldn't trade any of them for the world...

although I saw a t-shirt the other day that said "Will trade brother for a puppy" and wondered if Kaylin could read, if she would agree to that..."

3 comments:

Tami said...

Very sweet Brit. You are such a cute Mom. I LOVE your new family pictures. Nice job! Everyone looks great! You aren't supposed to look that great after having just had a baby are you?

DeAnn said...

I do that with my stroller too--I discover it when I back up into it, hear a little noise and think, oh yeah, the stroller!

The Vander Veurs said...

so cute i love the stroller not like you dont have enough on your brain! your page is awesome i cannot figure this thing out mine looks like crap i dont know how to do anything i cant move pictures or anything i love your heading too i want to do that help!!!