Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Owie Tooth


Disclaimer: This picture is for Angie--and those other lucky people who don't get to see me...but I couldn't smile because it hurts to and it looks much worse. This is also the 2nd day of taking a new antibiotic and with the dead nerve out...so I am getting better...my family can laugh because they know all my "dentist stories" are similar to this one. I tired to make it funny but found it hard to as I'm sitting here in pain............
Speaking of the tooth fairy--wish I could get some money for this pain in my mouth! Nope, instead I have to pay an arm and a leg to get this fixed! So...Friday night I'm eating popcorn and my tooth just in front of my smaller molar starts to bug. I think there's a popcorn thingy stuck in it so I floss and listerine it to death. Next morning I'm in humungous pain! Apparently the infection came back (same one when I was preggie) with no warning at all. I call my mom's friend who supplied my with antibiotics-pennicillin (which made me itch like crazy!)and loratab for the pain(which would make me dizzy and have freaky dreams at night). Taking 2 of those would just take the edge off. It was miserable. I prayed with all my might for the swelling to stop and that I'd be okay for Sunday...I was singing in a quartet in church for the Young Women's program and also 2 songs in the choir. Oh gosh. Sunday morning did not look good--I started throwing up from 4 am to 2pm. It was horrible. Did I already say that? So I call my little quartet and tell them there is no way I can start the first line of the song as a solo, then go the duet, then all 4 join in because my face looks like Quazimoto and I'm puking every time I sit up. Bummer. Travis takes the 2 older kids, thinking I'll be able to manage Mika. Um....she's freaking out, crying for her morning cereal..I run to the bathroom, puke, then crawl around the kitchen trying to make her oatmeal as fast as I can, feed it to her, then run to the bathroom and puke again. I lay down and she cries...mommy why won't you just hold me??? I couldn't even sit up. So I call Travis, he has his phone on vibrate at the church and he comes home to save the day. I only saw Aidrian to nurse otherwise I was laying down with a throbbing jaw, getting bigger and bigger. My mom comes Monday to save me--literally. Takes me to the dentist where I'm given two choices...One: I can pull the tooth out. Granted I already have my back molar out and a wisdom tooth grew in that spot, but is crooked, OR Two: Get a root canal and save the tooth. Which was in good shape...but for about the price of another baby... I get it worked on--yes to save it, he starts on the root canal and of course it's trickier than a regualr one because something about the end of the root is curved and it was a very long root (maybe that's why I could feel it in my chin?) and it was difficult to numb me because of my swelling and infection. So I get 4 shots of that numbing crap that makes my eyes water every time. Luckily they had a massage chair that laid over the dentist chair and the lady turned on so high it made me itch so bad! Most of the time I was concentrating on the itch on my nose that I couldn't itch! Drugged and dizzy my mom brings me home with more medication, Darvacet which actually doesn't do a thing but make me tired. So today is the 4th day...my swelling HAS in fact gone down some and I'm forced to be in public doing all the things I still need to do and everyone ever so graciously says, WOW you are swollen...yes thank you and to add to my beautiful appearance, I think I'm getting a cold sore. Now where's the fairness in that?? I have a busy packed week and then teach Ethan's class next week--hope I can pull it together by then! I just love going to the dentist, don't you???

8 comments:

Tami said...

Bummer! I hate teeth problems! My kids saw your picture and Benson said, "Aunt Brittany looks like she is 8 years old!" I hope that you feel better soon!

The Cluff Family said...

Oh my goodness girl!We can share horror Dentist stories. I thought I was the only one who had the worst luck when it came to my teeth!! I hope you feel better. I so know that pain, and I so know that swollen face. I hope you feel better soon...and I so mean that from sista to sista!!

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

You poor girl! I hope you are feeling better soon. Let's hope your kids don't get your genes in teeth...;o) Good luck in teaching those crazy 4 year olds next week!!! (I miss those days)

Whitings said...

So sad. I so didn't even like to read that little story of yours. I am glad that you finally got it taken care of. I know we all hate dentists, but he did make your pain go away right? I just really hate how bad and awful or teeth can hurt us. I think it is one of the most excruciating things to have to deal with. So sorry girl.

Meagan said...

Holy smokes! Glad you made it!

Angie said...

oh brother!!! you can't even tell!! which side is swollen?!?!?!?! i'm glad it's fixed now, though.

Britt Butler said...

My poor Brit!! I'm so glad you got it taken care of though, hopefully it'll all end now!

DeAnn said...

I'm sorry you had that horrible experience. It does not sound fun at all. I hope you're all better.