Saturday, October 25, 2008

Trunk Or Treat!

So our church every year does a Trunk or Treat--usually starts off as a Chili Cook off, then the Bishop and his counselors pick the best one...there are 2 categories Soups and Chili--I talked Mom in to making a homemade Chicken Noodle Soup for those non-chili lovers- like myself and she ended up winning the soup contest!! But the stinker told them it was mine, so everyone all night kept congratulating me on my win! :) So as the ward photographer, I had a little picture booth set up. I just had to dress up! Not too extreme, but I still had fun. I found the striped tights and had to wear them and be a witch this year. No hat...it kept falling off. So this is Travis (a bah-humbugger) and his little Witch! ;)

There are other fun games and booths and the kids were so ecstatic that they won something at every one! My parents came down to join in the fun! Mom was a 50's gal (cute as ever) and my dad was a cowboy--(I have a great picture of them, but I wanted her to put it on her blog!) So here we are, The Witch, The Fairy Princess, The Butterfly Blob, The SWAT team, and The 50's gal....
We had a great night! The kids were now skilled in this Trick or Treating thing and Kaylin didn't even wait for us to come around with her to all the cars...they had such a fun time.

4 comments:

Angie said...

how fun! your kids look great! and your costume is cute too! sorry we missed it....

Meagan said...

Wooo Wooo! Love the leg photo!!

Whitings said...

so adorable. Too bad we missed out on the soup. It was right there in front of us and we passed it up. Your all looking hot!

The Vander Veurs said...

how cute you are so adorable!!