Wednesday, October 08, 2008

NO POWER!

So...our lights would kinda flash every now and then. I'd think "did I just blink?" Nope, it was the lights shorting...then on Sat everything went off. I think Travis called it, the switch tripped? Oh I don't know...but I DO know that I was trying to head out to my mom's so I go to turn the switch back on outside in our power box and it smells like something is burning...Hmmm. I call Travis (he's busy at his boy's day out) He says shut off all the power and then go, we'll call the Power Company. So Sunday we are watching Conference and after the 2nd session we go out to check on it with our friends and it's popping and smoking! We turn it off, call our Power Company, they come out and tell us we need an Electrician and to keep it OFF! Oh no, how do I make dinner? How do I assure the kids it's safe to sleep in our house--with no nightlights...we get all our flashlights, eat sandwiches and head off to bed in the dark. Bummer. Next day...still no power. The annoyances go on and on, Electrician comes out, needs to replace the whole box, needs approval before he can do anything, doesn't come back till the afternoon, never tells me he's fixed it so I can call the Power Company to come back and tunr the transformer on, finally call them at 4, they don't show till 7...BUT the good news is I had an awesome friend Britt bring us dinner that night (and I also showered and got ready that morning) and we do have our power on now and boy I am ever grateful for the invention!!!

No comments: