Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wicked!

My mom and I went with 2 of her friends last night to Wicked! It's a fabulous show! If anyone doesn't know it's like a Prequel to The Wizard of Oz. My mom and I went not knowing much about it, just heard a few songs from mini performances from the Sharp Family! ;) But I loved it this way! Didn't know what to expect--has many twists and surprises! The pictures are all really dark with a boom of light from the flash--yes my mom and were glowing but not that much! We still had to prove we were there!!! This picture is the opening screen before ths show started. See how close we were??? 6th row!! I'm trying to show how close we were, but you can't really see anything else...it was so amazing! Some songs it was like they were looking right at you...one time Glinda came up to the far end of the stage and furrowed her brow at me-I was dead center in the middle, it was CRAZY!!
My mom and I at the entrance of the Fox Theater. We were so excited!! The last show we went to together was when I was a newly wed and getting ready to move to St. George! This adventure was much overdue! :)
This is mom (kind of) and behind her is the dragon above the stage. So cool......

8 comments:

Tami said...

How fun! Isn't it an amazing show? I think that it is my favorite broadway show. I am so glad that you were able to go!

Tami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke Bennett said...

Oh, I'm jealous! My parents and siblings went to see Wicked in L.A. Someday I'll see it. Glad you got to go!!!

The Cluff Family said...

How fun Brittney!I am glad you got to go with your mom, those moments are few and far between.Yall look great!

Sarah said...

Wow! How fun! I so want to see Wicked. I've read the book, and am trying patiently to wait for it to get closer to me to go and see it! Thanks for sharing a few pics of it:) BTW I love your blog! It's so cute!

Britt Butler said...

I'm super jealous! But so glad you got to go see it, it's so good!! It's always nice to have a girls night out with your mama(:

Meagan said...

Awesome! Wicked was great! I didn't exactly have 6th row tickets, but it was still fun. I got to read the words from the balcony, which was cool. I think I would have missed half of what Glinda said without it! No expectations is definitely the best way to go!

The Grush's said...

I have wanted to see this also. Maybe someday. I have only heard good things about it. I just read your comment on my blog. We are having a girl this time and hopefully before too long we will make it down there to introduce her to everyone. We miss being there also but we do like it here also.