Monday, September 01, 2008

Aidrian Mika--3 months!!!

Okay so Aidrian got 2 big owies this week. Last Monday she was burned on the whole top of her foot. I can't blame Travis--cuz I hold her taking food out of the oven all the time, but this time some hot lasagna splattered onto the whole top part of her foot leaving a huge blister. We called her Dr and they told us to take her to the ER, a nearby clinic said the same thing. So instead we called my sister's friend who is a nurse at the Children's Hospital ER. She told me all the things I needed to get from the Pharmacy and after a good hard cry, Aidrian was a tough little thing the rest of the week. Here is her cute foot all wrapped up--it looks like a cast. I took her to her Dr a few days after, a little concerned about the healing process, but he said it looked great and skin was already growing back. She weighed 11 lbs 6 oz!
Her 2nd injury was falling off the bed! I've never seen her roll yet...I put her on the bed by the huge laundry pile I was sorting, went into the laundry room to get another load and BOOM! She had rolled off the bed! I think she landed the best way possible though, a little ball on her back. She cried pretty hard but then fell fast asleep. What a sweetie.

So our little missy is now 3 months old! I really can't believe it. She's been such a joy--really. Such a good, happy baby. Here's a picture of her in the bath. I have a video, but didn't want to put any nudity on the internet, so you get this picture instead! She loves her bath. She'll start kicking the side of the tub like crazy, it's hilarioius. Bright eyes... This is how she gets herself to fall asleep. She grabs her blanket and burp cloth in her hands and nuzzles them into her face. Her hands won't stop moving until she's totally out. Of course I'm interupting this process, hence the furrowed brow, but it was too cute not to try to capture it.
Happy Girl--she loves to smile and has found a real true giggle. She's one noisy little thing, but of course only when it's quiet...


6 comments:

The Grantham Family said...

She is a growin' girl! I know how you feel about the burn. I remember cooking over the HOT stove and Dalan reached down and touched it...what a blister he had! Ouch!

Your family reunion looks like so much fun. You are always doing such fun trips. I have to say I loved your family pictures how each family is in a different color. We are getting ready to do family pictures and I think I may have to copy that idea cause I likey! You are gorgeous as ever and your kids are freakin' cute! Thanks for the update. You are so good at staying on top of it!!

Love your face.
Lin

DeAnn said...

How scary--I'm glad she's OK! She's so cute.

Angie said...

Poor little girl. I'm glad it's doing OK. What a cutie pie!

Britt Butler said...

I just can't believe she's not a brand new born anymore, she is coming into her own, and already has a little personality(: I just love that sweet thing!

A Forever Family said...

You know life happens. And to think as much as you may feel terrible that your sweet baby got a couple of owies... you guys are doing a great job. I mean look how happy and healthy she is.... she is one cutie that's for sure. And she has one awesome momma!!

The Vander Veurs said...

thats not as bad as me three weeks ag jordyn rolled off my nursing pillow and i barley caught her and her head whipped back and hit the tile...hard she had an instant goose egg so we took her to the ER they did a CT scan she was fine its way scary though!! shes a tuff girl!!! getting big almost 12lbs